PDA

View Full Version : If I have a large bag already (aka Sell me on your favorite bag)

hudsonam
11-29-2004, 08:28 PM
...and I'm searching for my "perfect" bag that's just a treat to myself, do I need it to be that big? I've been avoiding the Skip Hop, and several others, because I fear they will be too small, but we have an Eagle Creek Parent Survival Pack, shown here - http://www.campmor.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?memberId=12500226&productId=39162254 - which I think will be large enough to qualify as a large bag. So maybe "my" bag doesn't need to be that big... right? ;-)

I've been eyeing the Vera Bradley Baby Bag (which I know is large) and the Skip Hop, to name a couple. I am selling my Kecci, but I originally planned to sell it so I could order it in Steel Blue, but now I'm thinking maybe the silky look isn't really me.

Does anyone want to sell me on a diaper bag, no more expensive than a Vera, that would be a great fun mom bag, AND functional? I am just having way too much fun diaper bag shopping. :-) FYI, I am due in a little under 3 weeks.

AdoptChina
11-29-2004, 10:21 PM
Dont have a specific one to recommend, but did want to tell you that I like having a few different styles and sizes that I can use depending on my needs that day.....

That being said, its not cute like a lot of the other bags, but the one bag that has worked well for us has been our Lands End backpack
(Also have a few other bags and awaiting a skip hop)

lmariana
11-29-2004, 10:36 PM
I thought I'd throw out a few less common brands that I LOVE!

www.chesterhandbags.com - larger capacity than a Skip Hop, very cute, great deals on the sale page!
www.dobregoods.com - checkout the Bambino bag, very cute, fun prints, very spacious, easy care
www.2redhens.com - the whole roost size is VERY spacious, tons of fun fabric combos, vinyl coating for waterproofness (you can find some re-sales on Babybags)
www.timbuk2.com - the small messenger would be great for you! You can find good deals on rei.com and sierratradingpost.com

Have fun bag shopping!

Mariana
Owner of HappyDayBaby
Mother of Gabriel, 08/14/2003
www.heinzandmariana.com (personal site)

http://lilypie.com/baby2/030814/1/5/0/-5/.png[/img] ([img)

hudsonam
11-29-2004, 10:54 PM
Thank you both for the suggestions! I wish that Chester site had better pictures. The Bambino bag is very cute! So many bags to choose from!