PDA

View Full Version : Baby & Toddler errand bag - where to start?

vikivoly
12-03-2004, 02:56 AM
I'm looking for a bag for a newborn (bottlefed) and a toddler. I have a large all-day bag and want something smaller for shorter outings. It needs to be large enough to carry a bottle, sippy cup, extra baby outfit, 10 diapers total, wipes, bib and a few small toys/books. I have the Kiwi E3 stroller and would love to be able to use it with the stroller. I've read conflict posts as to whether the Skip Hop works with the E3 in doubles mode.

Some key features:
Organization is a must. I want quick access to the sippy and bottle.

Style - Simple, clean lines. I'm thinking messenger, but not sure. Some color or a bit of flare, but not fancy or too pretty.

Price - no hard budget, but $100 for a bag sounds ridiculous to me

There are so many bags to from which to choose. Can you point me in the right direction?

lmariana
12-03-2004, 08:17 AM
Wow, 10 diapers in a small errand bag! What bag are you using now?

Here are some of my favorite bags in the different size groups:

Medium sized bags-
www.skiphop.com (my fave!)
www.chesterhandbags.com (cute totes and backpacks, vinyl coated)
www.timiandleslie.com (Small Bebe Bag - lots of beautiful fabrics to choose from, all vinyl covered for waterproofness)
www.loomlife.com (The Marsupial and Bandicoot - tops at organization, well-designed, high quality construction)
www.themustardsprout.com (Marshall Bag - backpack designed for dads!)
www.timbuk2.com (Small Messenger - not a lot of organization, but still an awesome bag!)

In my opinion, the best bags for sippies/bottles are Loom...hands down. They have wonderful bottle pockets that will hold wider cups/bottles, easy access, and are insulated. The Bandicoot has 2 external pockets and the Marsupial has 2 external + 1 internal. The Bandicoot would be very tight with everything you plan to carry, but the Marsupial would be perfect. It may be a little out of your price range, but you can usually find a bargain on the Babybags swap board.

A Chester backpack/diaper bag is also a good fit with two internal bottle pockets, tons of space, and still a small manageable size. They don't have any external bottle pockets though, if that's a concern. You can get a good deal on them though through their sale page!

The Skip Hop does work SUPER well on an E3, but I've never tried it in doubles mode. The Skip Hop would hold everything you need, and if you buy the new Denim bag, you will have two external bottle pockets...the canvas and cord ones only have one bottle pocket. Honestly though, with 10 diapers + other stuff, it would be tight.

Hope this gives you a good starting point!

Mariana
Owner of HappyDayBaby
Mother of Gabriel, 08/14/2003
www.heinzandmariana.com (personal site)

http://lilypie.com/baby2/030814/1/5/0/-5/.png[/img] ([img)