PDA

View Full Version : What do you think of my Clutterbag? Help me decide...

hudsonam
12-03-2004, 11:31 AM
I am ordering a Clutterbag! I finally decided exactly what I'm looking for in a pretty "mom" bag, and she has agreed to custom make one for me! She is wonderful! I love the Timbuk2 bags, but I already have a fairly sporty backpack, so I realized I want something more girly.

Here's what I plan to get. What are your thoughts? I am going to do all black on the outside, with the Amy Butler fabric below on the inside. I think I will do a button and loop closure, elastic pockets, a matching changing pad, and I think she said she could so a small pocket on the outside for me.

Now, I think I am getting the bucket style, but not sure if I should get it slightly larger than her standard bucket. Would you consider the standard size a small, medium or large bag? Or do you think the boxy style would look better with my fabric selections? I love the bow closure too, but I don't know if I could be bothered with that. What do you think about the style and size of the bag? Boxy or bucket, standard or larger? I want something at least medium sized, that I can use for a day out with a newborn. TIA!
http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/18061.jpg

pittsburghgirl
12-03-2004, 02:17 PM
Janie is great! She is making two custom bags for me and my mom in a music fabric (we are both musicians).

I bought one of her standard bucket style bags on ebay. It is probably on the smaller side compared to my stable of bags. It will probably hold a little more than my LE LT but less than any of my other bags. Mine is a spring/summer print so I haven't used it yet but I plan on using it for shorter outings when I don't need a lot of extra clothes or food, just a few diapers, sweater/hat and sippy plus my wallet and a wipes pack. (I posted some pics of the inside of the bag with a few items in it if you're interested: http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_mesg&forum=63&topic_id=16926&mesg_id=16926&page=)

If you want an all-day bag, I would get the boxy style. It will hold more. Or, you could ask her to make her bucket style significantly larger which would give you that style (which I think is more purse-like). With all black on the outside I don't think it will make much difference which one you choose, though in terms of style. (Just you wait, once you have one you will start buying the really pretty colorful bags!)

I like the ribbon closure because then you can stuff the bag and still tie it closed (if you wanted to put a small blanket in there on top of other stuff, for example) but the button/loop is very cute too and allows a little stuffing (unlike the magnetic).

Marilee
mommy to James
http://lilypie.com/baby1/050120/1/0/1/-5/.png

hudsonam
12-03-2004, 03:55 PM
Thanks for the feedback! I love your bag!

I'm thinking I might add some color to the outside by putting a striped fabric on the ends of the bag, like some of the ones on her site. I'm still debating between a larger bucket or a boxy style though. Or maybe just a splash of color by adding a striped trim to the outside pocket.