PDA

View Full Version : Ack! I just got my LE med tailored tote - and I HATE it!

Khralvarez
12-03-2004, 03:01 PM
So, I ordered the LE Medium tailored tote when it was first announced, and they had no picture. I saw it when I went to buy the Large Tailored Tote (over which I had some misgivings because I thought it might be too big) and they had a option to buy a "Medium" sized one. I thought it would be just like the large one, only smaller.

Well, after waiting many weeks, the tote finally arrived, but I soon discovered why it had taken so long to arrive, they had totally revamped the style! I was looking for a tote with two straps, and several zippered compartments, and instead I got a "bucket" bag with only one long strap and only one central compartment. It does have a lot of pockets, but it wasn't what I was looking for.

Here's my dilemma: should I just return it, or should I hang on to it and see if in the long run it turns out to be useful? I would sell it on the swap except that I've had it monogrammed (but I think I can return it after checking the LE return policy).

Thanks for any input.

--Kira
Baby #1 due 1/7/05 (or possibly earlier).

essnce629
12-03-2004, 04:32 PM
Can you post pictures of it (the inside mostly)? I know a lot of people on here are curious about the organization.

***Latia
Conner 8/19/03
http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/a/aug2003angel
http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_gold_12m.gif 15 months & counting! http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/9870.gif
"The greatest of life's joys is to be a mother. The second greatest is to be a midwife."

pittsburghgirl
12-03-2004, 04:39 PM
Well, since you had it monogrammed if you really don't think you'll like it I would return it. LE will definitely take it back. However, you might find down the road that you like it (esp since your #1 isn't even born yet!) and for $30 you aren't out much. The LE bags are nice in that the lining is light blue (no black hole) and usually have good pockets (haven't seen that one IRL). They hold up well.

I have the LE large tailored tote and frankly, I never use it except when taking DS to grandma's for babysitting. But, I don't tend to go on a lot of all-day outings either, especially now that I live around his nap schedule. I am just now starting to "collect" bags in that style (I have used a LE LT since he was born as my primary daily use bag but I'm ready for cuter bags that are small enough to carry like a purse.) I also don't have a stroller with a huge basket, so the two straps didn't work for me; I couldn't hang it on my stroller handles like I can the LE and it was too bulky to carry on my shoulder. The LT hung on my handles and I could wear it messenger style when I carried DS which is a plus.

There are so many options out there for great bags. It really depends on your lifestyle and how you spend your days; sometimes that's hard to tell until your baby is born and you find out his or her personality. The nice thing about the LE bags, though is the price. If you read a lot of the threads on these boards you will find that most people are spending a LOT more on their diaper bags and buying many more than just one, so if you're smart you will stay FAR, FAR AWAY- LOL!

Marilee
mommy to James
http://lilypie.com/baby1/050120/1/0/1/-5/.png

holliam
12-03-2004, 05:27 PM
PLEASE please please post some pics of it! I'm dying to see what it looks like inside!

:)

Holli

AbbieF
12-04-2004, 09:18 AM
If you really don't like it go with your gut instinct and return it. You didn't get it on sale, did you? So, if for some reason you change your mind and decide you like it you really won't be out anything to reorder. I know what its like, when you are so waiting for something and it turns out to be such a disappointment :( But, if you could do a favor for the rest of us and take some pictures- pretty please?

Abbie
Mom to Maddie 4/17/04

Canna
12-04-2004, 11:28 AM
You can return Lands End items to any Sears store now. It is quite easy...I returned several maternity items that I ordered, and plan to return a snowsuit that I think is just going to be too big.

Khralvarez
12-08-2004, 03:24 PM
Thanks for the all the great input -- I always know that I can count on the ladies of these boards for great advice every time.
I still haven't decided what I'm going to do...I can be very indecisive at times!

As for pictures... I have been meaning all week to take pictures and post, and just haven't been able to (I've reached the 36 week exhaustion/walking swollen watermelon phase of pregnancy). Friday's my last day at work, and so hopefully this weekend or Monday at the latest, I'll take pictures and post them. Sorry for not having done this sooner.

Thanks again for all the wonderful advice
--Kira
Baby #1 on the way (technically due 1/7/05, but I think she's going to be early!)

heatherlynn
12-08-2004, 04:35 PM
take care of yourself first! it will be a looong time before you'll ever get to again.

good luck w/ the baby!

h- (who sold you the viking!)
Heather
dd 3/98
ds 8/04

Khralvarez
12-09-2004, 11:21 AM
Thanks Heather!!!
Like I said, tomorrow's my last day at work, which I'm really looking forward to, so hopefully things will get a little easier for me next week.
I finally put the stroller together yesterday (but haven't tried out the bassinet yet), and it's totally awesome. I put it together at work and everyone thought it was really cool. I can't wait to use it for real!!!!

-Kira