PDA

View Full Version : Shopping Cart Covers

Mamma2004
12-04-2004, 06:29 PM
Hello all,

I was getting ready to order a shopping cart/high chair cover when my MIL offered to make me one. Does anyone have a pattern or know where I could find one? In addition, if you feel strongly about certain features I would appreciate your feedback!

TIA,
Stephanie

alaible
12-04-2004, 08:16 PM
I bought a pattern off of EBAY. I think in total it was $10 for the pattern and shipping. It is a really nice pattern made out of a stiff felt like material so it can be used again and again without worry of it ripping. And she included very good step by step instructions and pictures and a helpful hints page. I made one cover from the pattern so far and it turned out pretty good and I plan on making another on here soon for my SIL who is expecting.

Her pattern includes optional pockets, chest protector, and pillow. I did put some pockets on the cover but she had them on the front and back and I moved them to the sides so Paige could put her sippy in them. The only must have for me is a toy loop which can easily be attached out of rogain ribbon. When Paige was smaller she tended to drop her rattles frequently so we would take a rattle and attach it to one of those plastic baby link chains and attach that to the toy loop so I didn't have to bend over every few minutes to pick up her toy.

The email address of the person I bought the pattern from is [email protected] if you are interested.

Holly