PDA

View Full Version : Question for all you crafty mamas out there...

MichelleRC
12-05-2004, 09:08 AM
So I was considering the LE large tailored tote as an alternative to my MS for all day outings with a toddler & 3 month old. The bag looks like it is a good size, has great organization, & the light interior, but is so plain looking. I was thinking about pretty-ing it up using a band of brightly colored ribbon or something. Anyone know if I can attach ribbon to the micrifiber using some sort of fabric glue?
Just kind of thinking out loud here.
TIA

miki
12-08-2004, 01:25 PM
I don't think fabric glue would be sturdy enough. I'd be more inclined to take it to a shop and have the decoration sewn on or have the bag monogrammed.

masetane
12-08-2004, 06:22 PM
I agree - glue would really not hold up. I would sew on it with double stitching/twin needles. Hoep taht helps!
Caroline
http://fool.exler.ru/sm/ma.gif
Isabelle 10/1/00
Nicholas 2/27/03

MamaKath
12-09-2004, 01:22 AM
I think it is definitely possible, but I would carefully research the means of doing it. I would think that the easiest thing to try would be to find some pretty ribbon on the wider side, and use it to cover the handles. I hope that make sense. I think that is where it is easiest to attach (in theory at least) and you would have the least damage if you hated the look. Make sure you treat the ends of the ribbon against fraying first.

Good luck, I look forward to pictures. :-)

MichelleRC
12-09-2004, 07:17 AM
Thanks everyone! Since my sewing skills are...well, I don't actually have any, I am considering a monogram and tying a pretty scarf to the handles.
I will take a picture when I make this happen!