PDA

View Full Version : Please help me narrow down my list of backpacks!!!

triciaok1
12-08-2004, 04:16 AM
First of all I use cloth diapers but I am looking for something to do daily errands. I have a two year old, so I mainly carry a drink cup, three diapers and two covers, small pack of crayons and a pad of paper, wipes, my tiny wallet, tiny cell phone, and keys.

I definitely desire a bag that is not floppy; I prefer something more structured, and I do not want what I would call a daddy bag. This bag is just for me...yipee! I do not care for too many pockets inside the bag either.

Chesterbag: Super light. Are they all black inside? Many designs are too cute for my tastes but I will find something if this is the right backpack for me!

JP Lizzy: Only complaint I have read is they are black inside.

Timi & Leslie: Love the toile fabric but how does it fit; is it large, is it floppy?

Loom/Bandicoot: ???

PPB: I can imagine the diaper pad being attached to the bag as a problem. On most of the changing tables, my dd is hanging off already, where would I have room for the bag?

Bumble Bag: ???

Sally Spicer: Just have not read too many reviews but she does have beautiful fabric.

Vera Bradley: There are three styles of backpack. Any suggestions.

Thanks in advance for your feedback. I have been hunting for days.
~Tricia

lmariana
12-08-2004, 08:49 AM
Tricia, I tried to comment on each style and answer your questions. Hope this helps!

Q- Chesterbag: Super light. Are they all black inside? Many designs are too cute for my tastes but I will find something if this is the right backpack for me!
A- the Chester Backpack is a great size for what you want, it is really light, and is vinyl laminated outside. The interior is black in all the bags, and there isn't a bunch of organization. Great quality though, and great company!

Q- JP Lizzy: Only complaint I have read is they are black inside.
A- I've never seen one in person, sorry!

Q- Timi & Leslie: Love the toile fabric but how does it fit; is it large, is it floppy?
A- I love this bag! No, it is not floppy at all, but yes, it is large. It's more of a traditional backpack size, but is very comfortable to wear, is super cute, and has that handy quick-access zipper on the side that lets you get something out of the bag without having to undo the top.

Q- Loom/Bandicoot: ???
A- Another one of my favorites!!! I love this bag. It is a small/medium size, has the best bottle/cup holders around, and has fabulous construction. Loom is also another company that stand behind their products. The backpack straps are not adjustable though, and some people have had complaints about the comfort, but I've never had issues with it. The bag is not floppy at all.

Q- PPB: I can imagine the diaper pad being attached to the bag as a problem. On most of the changing tables, my dd is hanging off already, where would I have room for the bag?
A- Actually, they have designed their bags to make the changing pad detachable! It is a big bag though.

Q- Bumble Bag: ???
A- I haven't tried one yet, but I do have one on order! I think it's also a big bag.

Q- Sally Spicer: Just have not read too many reviews but she does have beautiful fabric.
A- I'm not sure about this, but I think they may have black interiors...

Q- Vera Bradley: There are three styles of backpack. Any suggestions.
A- Sorry, haven't seen any of them!

audball
12-08-2004, 10:54 AM
I can only comment on a few of the bags. I guess I need to spend more time on here (haha!) :):

Timi and Leslie: I have heard that their backpacks are not floppy. One of the reasons, in addition to size, people consider this bag. Depending on the choice of bag, your interior colors will vary, but they do have many bags without the black interior.

Loom Bandicoot: I wanted to love this bag so much, but with a toddler and a baby, I just couldn't stuff enough into it. It may be perfect for you, but it does run smaller than it looks, due to the bag being so "structured". Adorable, and I found that the straps were comfortable.

PPB: This bag is very floppy! I have a friend who is very frustrated by her Sunset Dragon Roll collapsing all the time. And it is large. Has great "stuffability" factor though.

Bumble Bag: I have the Nicole, which is a smaller backpack/messenger version of the Jessica (which is what is generally sold on-line). This is a great size for me, but the Jessica is quite large. You can see a comparison of the two on www.tangerinetots.com

Sally Spicer: Major complaint is the interior. Not too much organization and I think she uses black a lot for the interior. You may be able to find some pics on www.zappos.com. They sell the Spicer bags there, but for a higher cost than others on-line.

2lovingkids
12-10-2004, 04:08 PM
I have a T&L and love it, but partly because I like the pockets. The Sally Spicer bags are beautiful and only have a couple of pockets. You can find them pretty easy on the web. go to www.sallyspicer.com and they have a list of online stores and local stores. Also, ebay has a nice selection of them right now for a very reasonable price (the pictures on ebay don't do the bag justice though).

getbusyliving
12-21-2004, 02:18 PM
Can only comment on the Bandicoot. I find it very uncomfortable as a backpack - the straps dig into my back. Also, I have not had very good luck w/the quality of the Bandicoot. I'm on my 2nd Bandicoot & the strap is about ready to rip off this one too - I heard they may have had a bad batch from the factory, so I'm sure they're trying to remedy it, but I'm frustrated that I have no cute bag to wear b/c it's falling apart!