PDA

View Full Version : ISO of "the" diaper bag

neocorgi
12-08-2004, 05:37 PM
so many choices. where do i even begin??? just wondering if you can help me narrow down my research. i'm looking for a medium (to large) diaper bag with the option to be a tote and a messenger style bag. also, i want something with either a flap, magnetic or zipper closure. an adjustable strap would be really helpful since i'm only 5'3". good interior organization is a must too.

so am i asking too much??? does such diaper bag exist??

i've been on chelseyhenry.com and found the work-to-play baby bag interesting. the weekender baby bag looks good too since it has more storage space. i don't think there are any local stores that sell that line. i really wanna see it IRL.

anyways, any help would be great. thanks. :)

lmariana
12-08-2004, 08:40 PM
I recently ordered a Chelsey Henry, so I will post a review soon for you!

Here are some other bags I'd highly recommend for your needs:
1. Timi and Leslie Large Bebe www.timiandleslie.com - despite it's name, it's not THAT large. It's a great size with great organization and is very easy to wear (I'm 5'2")
2. Loom Marsupial www.loomlife.com - great size, great bottle/cup holders, great construction, high quality
3. Holly Aiken Messenger Bag www.holyaiken.com - can't comment much on these but I o have one on order!
4. Skip Hop Duo www.skiphop.com - not as "cute" as the others, but really awesome for organization and very adjustable strap! One of my favorite bags, hands down!
5. Bumble Bags www.bumblebags.com - totally cute bag, converts to a backpack. I haven't seen one in person, but it should be here this week, so I'll write a review then!
6. Petunia Pickle Botton www.petuniapicklebottom.com - beautiful bags! Again, mine is on it's way...

Hope this gives you a good starting point!

Mariana
Owner of HappyDayBaby
Mother of Gabriel, 08/14/2003
www.heinzandmariana.com (personal site)

http://lilypie.com/baby2/030814/1/5/0/-5/.png[/img] ([img)

neocorgi
12-09-2004, 12:35 PM
thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

that's definitely a great starting point for me. i can't wait to read your upcoming reviews. :) btw that's so cool that you have all these newly ordered bags. just curious. anyways, thanks again.

saschalicks
12-09-2004, 12:54 PM
I highly recommend the Timi & Leslie large bebe. It is great. Great organization.

Skip*Hop Duo is a great bag. Great for stroller use.

Right now though I'm totally in love w/my T&L and can't seem to stop using it.

jesseandgrace
12-09-2004, 06:25 PM
I like the skip hop. I actually think in many ways it is really stylish. I am not into all the prints, and the skip hop does not clash with anything. I can carry it with jeans, or more dressy clothes. I think it is cool! I have a black, and a denim.

neocorgi
12-09-2004, 06:30 PM
i really like the denim skiphop...but i'm not so sure if it'll look that great on my cherry cola P3. i love the dark denim fabric. i'm thinking that's gonna be my diaper bag for quick errand trips.

lmariana
12-09-2004, 06:40 PM
I have the Denim bag and LOVE it! It has been my only bag in rotation for the past couple weeks, and that means a lot! Honestly, I don't think it would look bad on any stroller. I use it on my red Bugaboo.

Mariana
Owner of HappyDayBaby

neocorgi
12-09-2004, 06:42 PM
thanks for your input.

just curious -- where did you get your denim skiphop from?

neocorgi
12-09-2004, 06:53 PM
i forgot to ask... since you have the denim skiphop

is the lining a bright red (similar to the red canvas skiphop)? just curious since i haven't seen any photo of the interior of the denim skiphop. thanks

bluhimmy
12-09-2004, 10:24 PM
Here are my opinions on the bags I have.

* Fleurville MS - It's the largest bag I own. It can pack a lot, so I find it a tad big as an everyday bag. I use it when I know I will be gone all day. It has the vinyl covering, so it protects the fabric. The division in the interior is pretty good in my opinion. I do think it is a little heavy.

*T&L Large Bebe – This my favorite bag yet. It’s a good medium/large bag. It also has the vinyl covering like the MS, but it’s softer and lighter. The interior is very much like the MS. For me, it was very easy to carry, but not messenger style in my opinion. It’s lighter than the MS.

*Kecci Shanghai – I just got this bag yesterday, and use it this afternoon on my trip to lunch & mall. It’s a knock-off of the PPB, but a third of the price. It’s a soft bag, so it doesn’t hold its’ shape well. I didn’t pack mine full, but I think it holds more than it looks. Very comfortable to wear messenger style; I’m a little over 5’3”. I think I will be using this daily now.

I was also thinking about getting a Skip Hop, but I'm trying to hold off to make sure I really need it. I think it'll be a great bag for walks and trips to the mall. It's a very clean looking bag.

Another bag I've been eyeing is the Timbuk2 small messenger... I'm hoping a co-op surfaces so I can get one. DH will enjoy using this one.

What I've learned is that I really do need more than 1 diaper bag. If I'm going to be gone all day, I need to pack more, versus what I'll need to pack for shorter trip out. Hope this helps. Have fun shopping!

jesseandgrace
12-09-2004, 10:31 PM
The interior of the denim skip hop is a true red, but it is down really low in the bag, so it is really only noticeable to you when you are digging low. Otherwise, the denim wraps around the top and into the bag, so it would actually appear to have a denim lining. I hope that makes sense. I too think it would match any stroller and look good.

lmariana
12-10-2004, 12:34 AM
Yup, the lining is a good solid, true RED color, very similar to the red canvas bag! The lining of all the pockets (two exterior, two top zippered) is the red, as well as the interior (main compartment and 2 interior pockets). I'll try to take some photos for you tomorrow!

Mariana
Owner of HappyDayBaby