PDA

View Full Version : RAVE: OSA large messenger bag similar to Mothership

helaina
12-10-2004, 02:33 PM
I just got my Expandable Diaper Bag in the mail from One Step Ahead and I love it so much I thought it deserved a post here! It's $30 and it seems really similar to the Mothership except it's made of black velvet (which they call "faux suede") instead of having that nylon coating. The strap expands long enough to be worn messenger style and has that same cushion on it the Mothership has. It also has two insulated bottle pockets on the sides and tons of pockets inside, plus a changing pad and a dirty duds pouch. My favorite features are that every compartment has a zipper so I can toss it in the car without stuff falling out, and that there's a zipper that expands the bag out by another 3.5" if I need it. I ordered this bag sight unseen because my Skip Hop was too small for all the stuff I needed and the Mothership doesn't have a zipper closure. Plus for $30 I figured it was worth the chance. It doesn't look like a diaper bag at all except for the annoying "One Step Ahead" logo on the front flap. I think the bag looks pretty stylish too, especially considering how much stuff it holds. http://www.onestepahead.com/product/27211/123757/117.html

MamaKath
12-10-2004, 03:36 PM
Sounds great! It looks very nice on the site, but I thought it was interesting that in the photos they try to hide the logo. It looks like it would work great with Peg Perego strollers too, so anyone trying to find something to hang on their P3 or Venezia, maybe this is a good option.

Too bad OneStepAhead uses such conservative fabrics, I would love to see this bag in some fun prints. But that seems to be an issue with any of the more reasonably priced bags, they are either boring or sporty. Maybe it could be jazzed up by covering the logo. ;-)

audball
12-10-2004, 03:56 PM
I think you made the right choice in getting the faux suede. I had ordered it in the black dot and the fabric was a little bizarre. I thought it was a little longer (width-wise) IRL than they depict in the pictures as well. But it holds a ton of stuff and keeps things really organized! I reluctantly sent it back, but seeing as they lowered the price, I'm glad I did...otherwise, I would have been a little disappointed about what price I "could" have gotten the bag ;)!

I like OSA stuff, but many times I can find the items cheaper at Babies R Us. You have to look to find the vendor and then to a web search. I have seen stuff in the OSA catalog marked up as much as 60%! :0

neocorgi
12-21-2004, 05:02 PM
do you, by any chance, have any "lifestyle" photos of your new OSA bag? all those pockets and great price make it very tempting for me to buy one.

TIA

natesmommy
12-21-2004, 06:52 PM
Yes!! Pretty please with sugar on top!! :D