PDA

View Full Version : OT: Looking for messenger bag for DH to carry laptop

ShayleighCarsensMom
12-13-2004, 11:41 AM
Hi all,
I am looking for a timbuk 2 style messenger bag to carry a laptop in, but I have no idea what I am looking for or where to look..
Are these bags padded or do you need to buy a pad? Also, what size? It would really only be for the laptop and maybe a few papers, but not much else.
Thanks for all your help!

lmariana
12-13-2004, 11:52 AM
I have the Timbuk2 Grip Sleeve for my laptop and love it! It just fits the laptop and nothing else. I went with this one because it's the only one small enough to fit my itty bitty 12" Powerbook.
The Laptop Tote is a little larger and has external pockets for fitting cables and a few papers.
The Commute is the next size up and is basically one of their messenger bags with a highly padded laptop compartment built in. You would still have room to carry folders, books, and other stuff.
The Commute XL is designed for the 17" Apple Powerbooks and other large laptops.

All the laptop bags are really well padded and you don't need to add anything else. If you want to check the Commute out in person, most Apple Stores carry them. Hope this helps!

Mariana
Owner of HappyDayBaby
Mother of Gabriel, 08/14/2003
www.heinzandmariana.com (personal site)

http://lilypie.com/baby2/030814/1/5/0/-5/.png[/img] ([img)