PDA

View Full Version : Messenger bag mommas; how do you wear your bag?

triciaok1
12-14-2004, 02:53 AM
Just curious if the majority of you wear your bag across your chest? Do any of you wear your baby? How does this work together? I was planning to get a backpack but from trial and error over the weekend have found that this does not work well with a sling/pouch.

Somebody clue me in!!!! (hee-hee)

~Tricia

new_mommy25
12-14-2004, 05:07 AM
I rarely wore a diaper bag but when I did it was the messanger style. I would wear the baby in a sling on one shoulder and put the bag on the other shoulder. It worked but it wasn't the most comfortable thing in the world. It was close to my neck and I always felt like it was choking me or something. Usually I would just sling the bag over the back of the stroller or stick it in the basket.

When I travel I use a back pack. It is much easier to wear a backpack if you are wearing a ring sling. A ring sling doesn't go down as far on your shoulder so you have much more movement. The best scenario is wearing the baby on your chest in an ABC or pack like the Ergo or Sutemi. My carrier of choice is the Kozy.

MamaKath
12-14-2004, 06:41 PM
I used a messenger bag a lot with a front carrier or a sling. Often when the baby was teeny I could wear both on one shoulder (across my chest), and the bag just sat below the baby. With bigger babies I put the bag on one shoulder, and then put the sling or pouch on the other. If I wore a front pack I wore either a messenger or a backpack style diaper bag. I did find a smaller messenger did work better than a larger one.

HTH~

priscilla73
12-14-2004, 11:45 PM
I prefer messengers but my stroller wears mine most of the time. If not, dh is good at wearing it, too.

triciaok1
12-15-2004, 02:03 AM
Thanks for the insight. Please keep the ideas and suggestions coming!!!
~Tricia