PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have or seen a Denim (Indigo?) Mothership

chase
12-15-2004, 01:57 AM
I am still thinking about getting a Mothership...but I have to say I am not sure about the colors.
I am pretty conservative.
I was wondering if anyone has or has seen the Denim IRL, how do you like it??
I found it on a couple website.
Does the brown or white stitching look better?
Or...should I consider a different color??
Any opinions??
TIA!!

chase
12-15-2004, 11:42 AM
Still wanting opinions on the Denim....

but is it true that there is a black one coming out?
Does anyone know when & what color the interior will be?

houseof3boys
12-15-2004, 12:45 PM
I have a denim one and I like the color. I wear a lot of black and red and I think it looks fine with it. It is a very dark denim but with the shiny coating on it, you see the shiny first before the actual color (IYKWIM). Mine has the white stitching but I don't think it really matters what color the stitching is. I think this one is kind of neutral compared to a lot of the Mothership color and pattern options.

There should be tons of posts on Motherships with pics if you want to do a search here!

priscilla73
12-15-2004, 01:48 PM
I had the Denim Indigo w/ the white stitching. I liked it and the size (for a large bag) What I didn't really care for was that it was sooo shiny. It was all I saw when I looked at it. You could barely see that it was a nice denim color because it had such a glare to it.

murpheyblue
12-15-2004, 01:54 PM
I've got an Indigo Mothership and I really like it. Like you, I'm pretty conservative in appearence so most the Fleurville patterns don't do it for me and didn't seem particularly versatile. I think the denim is a great "neutral" and works well with a lot of different looks. I don't think the color of the stitching is very noticeable so it's not a big deal.

kelly ann
12-15-2004, 03:02 PM
I had a denim mothership with white stitching and sold it because I did not like how shiny it looked plus I don't think I carry enough for that large of a bag.

I have seen other colors IRL and some are not as shiny. Try to see one in person before you buy. Maybe you can go with a lighter color - how about one of the corduroy colors?

Jen516
12-15-2004, 05:03 PM
I also have a denim mothership and I love it. Like you, I consider myself to be fairly conservative and I think it goes well with everything I wear. I also like that DH feels comfortable carrying it as well. I was concerned that it would look too shiny, but it doesn't bother me at all. The vinyl makes the denim appear more like a very dark navy in my opinion. HTH!

Jen
Mom to Jacob