PDA

View Full Version : LE Do It All Diaper Bag

njsnyc
12-15-2004, 07:58 AM
Does anyone have any feedback on this bag? I need to purchase my first diaper bag and am naive what to look for? Thanks!

Emmas Mom
12-15-2004, 04:12 PM
Well, I think it's going to depend on how much stuff you plan to carry around. I used it for quite awhile when DD was a newborn, but I'm the type that hauled around the kitchen sink. ;) Now that DD is a toddler, I use my Kecci or LT Little Tripper, depending on how long we'll be out. Another idea for you is to use the hospital freebie bag until you figure out what size bag will be best for you. The LE DIA is very big & fits a lot but there are some who prefer smaller bags. Just be careful, if you hang out in this forum too much, you'll probably start thinking you need one for every day of the week, or start color coordinating with your wardrobe & such! It's addicting when you're looking for the "perfect" bag. lol! HTH! :)

amyek
12-15-2004, 05:44 PM
I have this bag and it is great to haul a lot of stuff in. I love how wide it opens and you can see all your stuff! I also pack everything I could possibly need! I do wish it had a shoulder strap though.

I also have the LE Deluxe Back Pack. That also holds a ton of stuff. LE has them on sale now for 27.50 in the overstock section.

MamaKath
12-15-2004, 06:23 PM
I have an older version of this bag. I found it is very practical, especially in the beginning, or if you cloth diaper. When you cut back, you will probably get something smaller and then use this for vacations or to leave in the car. The newer version is great (a good friend has one), however it is very sporty. It is a very diaper bag looking diaper bag, whereas the older styles were more carry-on styled (still diaper bag-ish, lol).

CiderLogan
12-20-2004, 01:25 PM
I have the older version of this bag. It's a nice bag but HUGE. It was too big even when I was a nervous new first-time mom and wanted to carry everything I could think of. (I breastfed so that reduced the load I had to carry, but I easily could have fit some bottles with tons of room to spare.) Now we only use it for traveling (it's DD's suitcase-equivalent and can hold all the clothes and diapers she needs for a few days - we bring another bag with toys and stuff). It's also perfect for taking if you're going to someone's house for a full day or something. I wouldn't recommend it as your main bag unless you feel you'll need a ton of stuff, mostly because its size makes it hard to pull in and out of the car, fit in the stroller basket, etc. You might just want to use a bag you already have (a tote or messenger bag or backpack) for the first few weeks and then decide what sort of bag you prefer based on how much you carry. (I have the LE Little Tripper and am eyeing the medium tote; personally I think either of them is much more convenient for carrying around.)

Jenny
Mom of Julia, 8/03

jdm
12-20-2004, 04:03 PM
I just want to echo Jenny's comments. I have the older version as well and never used it as my "daily" diaper bag. I thought it was to big to take on short trips. I only use it when I send my DS to daycare and when we travel.

--k

JeannieMN
12-20-2004, 06:22 PM
I bought the bag this past summer and never used it. It was just too big for me and what I needed to put in it for my newborn. Also, I hated the straps. I ended up selling it on ebay.

I use a Kecci now and LOVE IT! In fact, I have 2. I do have a LE Little Tripper that I use for quick trips to Grandmas (but just not as cute as the Kecci's!)

Jeannie

http://lilypie.com/baby1/050813/3/0/1/-6/.png (http://lilypie.com)

lisak
12-22-2004, 12:56 AM
I have to second Jenny's comments. I bought this bag after a co-worker recommended how great it was. I packed too much stuff in it and quickly realized we didn't need it all. Nor did I like carrying such a huge bag everywhere.

Its a great bag for overnight visits, but too big for a daily bag IMHO. I would definitely figure out what you think you need to carry, then look for a bag.

I am in search of a new bag. This will make my 5th or 6th one and DS is only 1.

HTH!