PDA

View Full Version : 2 Questions for the Diaper Bag Gurus...

sbjf
12-17-2004, 08:21 AM
1. Is there a bag like the Skip Hop that has TWO bottle/sippy cup holders? It must be able to be worn mesg. style on a 5'8 woman (me) and need it to be sturdy/washable/durable, etc. not silky/hard to clean. It doesn't have to be able to hook to a stroller.

2. The Mothership. I bought mine in, maybe, June/July of this year new from The Right Start. It's the Indigo one and it's got scratches all over the top flap, which is so weird because that spot doesn't even touch much. Also, the bottom corners are muffed up and not wearing well also. I remember this topic was discussed in dept a while back but it didn't really apply to me then so I didn't read that thread completely. Can someone here cut to the chase for me and tell me what I should do and what Fleurville will do to help me, if anything? Like I said I bought it new, but I don't know if I still have the receipt, however I used my Visa card, so will that help??

THANKS!!!

lmariana
12-17-2004, 09:12 AM
1. Yes! Actually, the Skip Hop Denim has two bottle pockets outside! Other than that, I'd also consider the Chelsey Henry Work to Play Baby Bag (two bottle pockets inside) and the Timi and Leslie Large Bebe Bag (new style has two outside bottle pockets and 2 inside). Both are a tad larger than the Skip Hop, but I think both are nice and durable, have good organization, and have nice adjustable messenger straps. Normally, I'd recommend the Loom Marsupial too, but it probably wouldn't be very comfy on you messenger style.

2. I'm not sure what ever came of this, but it wouldn't hurt to contact Fleurville with your concerns. I don't blame you for not keeping the receipt. Who would think to keep a receipt from 6 months ago? I can't even find my Target receipt from last night!

Mariana
Owner of HappyDayBaby
Mother of Gabriel, 08/14/2003
www.heinzandmariana.com (personal site)

http://lilypie.com/baby2/030814/1/5/0/-5/.png[/img] ([img)

sbjf
12-17-2004, 10:55 AM
Thanks a bunch, Mariana!! I'm going to check out each one you mentioned. I saw the denim Skip Hop on your site, I didn't realize it was actually a different model. Unfortunately I'm not totally crazy about the denim, but I may warm up to it. I'll def. keep it in mind, too. THANKS!!!!!!!

Cute, cute website by the way (The Happy Baby one), good stuff. I have to email you some questions I have about it.

:-)

ETA: I'm leaning towards the denim Skip Hop now. It's a better price and more unisex actually than the other two. I could get the denim for everyday/unisex and then if I love the Skip Hop maybe I can get another one (w/the 2 bottle holders) in a more dressy/feminine fabric. Do they make this style Skip Hop in any other fabric yet?

MamaKath
12-17-2004, 02:19 PM
Messenger style, you might want to look at the Ameribag tote. It meets all the requirements for functionality that you have though may not be what you are looking for stylewise.

http://www.ameribag.com/abagcollection.html# (I edited to add this link since the picture was not working correctly).

Also take a look at someplace like Ebags and search messenger bags. There are lots of non-diaper bags that would work perfectly.

HTH~

PS- I can't believe the new denim SH has the 2 bottle pockets! I just ordered the blue camo (had a horrible time tracking it down) but really wished that there had been 2 bottle pockets. I am completely back to second guessing now. :-(

Momof3Labs
12-17-2004, 02:54 PM
The Lands End LT has two bottle/sippy cup pockets and can be worn messenger style (I'm 5'4"). It's a smaller bag, but only a little smaller than a Skip Hop (I can fit about the same stuff in either).

sbjf
12-17-2004, 04:27 PM
Huh, interesting. I love LE and LL Bean. I totally forgot about that little bag! My good mommy friend Jen uses hers all the time. I will revisit that guy!

ETA: Thanks!!

sbjf
12-17-2004, 04:35 PM
That's pretty nice, too, thanks!

If you really want the 2 bottle pockets than how about exchanging the blue camo one for it, or is it too late??

Are you able to wear the Skip Hop mesg. style?

I'm leaning toward either the denim SH now or the LE Daytripper I think.

I'm ready to tote around something hands free and smaller. I guess I feel secure enough to leave stuff in the car now (in a stocked Baby Sherpa).

Thanks again!

Nina31
12-17-2004, 06:43 PM
I have two skip hops (charcoal and storm) and I can fit two Avent bottles in one of the front pockets. So technically four can fit in both front pockets! This helps to clear up space in the main compartment for other stuff like clothing, bibs, etc.