PDA

View Full Version : bags I haven't seen mentioned before

AbbieF
12-17-2004, 08:52 PM
I'm still on the quest for the perfect bag and lately I've been scouring the web to see if I can find anything new. I've come across a few bags I haven't either ever seen mentioned or very rarely. I would love some feedback/comments esp. if you are aware of any of them.
Boibie: www.boibie.com
Love the design and the fabric. Your bag also has a # that you register with the co.once you buy the bag (sounds like what we talked about w/ fleurville). I just want it to also have messenger strap and an option of different colors

Samantha Mack: www.samanthamack.com/messenger.html#
Not a true diaper bag, so I'm not sure about organization/bottle pockets but love the option of multiple straps. Just wish there was something other than pink or black.

Mama tote: www.warmbiscuit.com/diaperbags.html
Just wish it had a messenger strap. I've seen it mentioned on the boards, but no comments on whether people like it. Love the cranberry and the brown/tan options!

A Girl's Best Friend: www.poesisonline.com/productdetail.asp?C=D&DetailID=GIR
Love the idea of the snap out clutch and not crazy about the shape of the clutch/purse or the fabrics.

So any thoughts?

Abbie
Mom to Maddie 4/17/04

nd93
12-17-2004, 09:27 PM
I love the light blue lining.

http://www.tumi.com/products/index.cfm?ModelID=42229&bb_id=c13076&sub_site_ID=4&TMI_SD_Link=Return&categoryid=13076

audball
12-17-2004, 10:56 PM
This bag "is to die for" - quoting my high school year book. Saw it IRL at Nordstrom's and it's very attractive- much nicer than in the picture. Alas, the price tag killed the deal for me. I suppose if I imagined myself going back to work in a glass office at a Fortune 500 company I could talk myself into it. :)

I owned a workhorse briefcase and a couple of suitcases and the workmanship is outstanding...

audball
12-17-2004, 10:58 PM
I like the boibie...reminds me of something I would find at Modernseed.com. I haven't heard of the Samantha Mack...interesting, but I wish she had more colors. I have seen the Warmbiscuit bags before, but I always assumed they were pricier than they are here. Maybe on babystyle.com?

I thought the poesis bags were a great idea, but when you see it on someone, it looks a little comical to me :) ...like a cartoon stuck a purse on your back. The woman who started the company was a scientist - very interesting background!

AbbieF
12-18-2004, 09:51 AM
I really like the boibie as well. I emailed them to see if they would be doing the bag in any other colors and the answer was- no :( although I thought I got a really nice response:
The tote is 18"wX13h"X3d"- 2 secure inner pockets and a larger divider, also
a grommet for attaching keys.
The pouch is 12X12" one main pouch with four gusseted pockets for easy
access to bottles , diapers etc..
The pad is a spacious 20"x13"- lined with lime green terry and has 2 water
resistant pockets for "wet things" and folds up to 10"X9" and fits into the
pouch.

"Neither of the straps are adjustable . The strap on the tote has a 16" drop
and can be worn across the chest; wearing it on your shoulder you can reach
the bottom of the bag! Hangs great on most strollers - easy access. The
strap on the Pouch is removable and can be used as a key leash or to tether
it to the tote.

All pieces can be used together or separately. The pouch makes a great
little purse for short trips. Machine washable.

Sorry to say no other colors coming soon."

Poesis on the other hand ticked me off. I'm glad to read your thoughts on the bag, because at this point I wouldn't buy from them. I emailed asking about other colors and would they be doing the bag in some of the prints they do their classic bag since that was more my taste. I got a response telling me that they do put out new prints a few times a year. But she also then told me why I should like the current prints and that these prints are "hip". I guess insinuating that I'm not and just some big dork. I can't take people who think they know what's best. I just think of what my Mom used to always say,
"Everyone to their fancy and me to me Nancy, said the old lady as she kissed her cow." LOL

Abbie
Mom to Maddie 4/17/04

audball
12-18-2004, 10:21 AM
Wow...doesn't that make the biggest difference - the kind of service or response you get? I know it's sometimes hard to discern someone being "funny" on email, but why risk it when someone can't see your face?!

I wouldn't have bought a bag from Poesis anyway, based on the style. But sheesh! To have them insinuate you are not "hip" is really idiotic...uh..how many hip bags do you own? Probably a lot! It's funny..in my "past life" (pre-mommy), I was a sales rep for a biotech company, and we would run into "know it all " scientists all the time. If you want the sale, you grin and bear it - but if you are the buyer, you certainly don't have to put up with it! Maybe the owner didn't put her past life behind her LOL!

Love your mom's quote :)!

nd93
12-18-2004, 10:58 AM
I know! I consider the Loom marsupial to be too pricey for me, and now I find a Tumi to lust after. If I wasn't a SAHM I could maybe justify it. But not now! I need to find an outlet....

lisak
12-22-2004, 01:06 AM
I hadn't seen the Tumi one before, but as a SAHM, I just can't justify the price...and I thought the marsupial was a lot too.
Guess my quest for the perfect bag continues...