PDA

View Full Version : No more Keccis at Nordstrom Rack? - UPDATED

westchicagomom
12-17-2004, 11:47 PM
Update: So I stopped at the other store tonight and they had a few keccis left but according to an SA, they aren't carrying them anymore. The new bags are called "Banana Hannah" so they aren't associated w/ the clothing line. They are $37 and made by this company out of New Orleans whose other major products are paintball accessories and packaging materials! The bag that the rack is carrying is not listed on this page however (or at least I couldn't find it).

http://www.kalencom.com/index_body.html (you have to click on infant accessories)

-----------------------------------------
And Lin (boys2enough) that makes 5 posts in this diaper bag forum which I never used to come into before. You know you are completely responsible! ;-)

-------------------------------------
One of our 2 local stores apparently isn't carrying them anymore. They have been replaced by Hannah Banana or Banana Hannah (can't remember and not sure if they are associated w/ the clothing line or not) bags. They had a ton of the these mothership knock-off bags at this store - about 10 different designs for about $40. I can't find them on-line anywhere to post a picture.

I was really hoping to buy another Kecci locally eventually, but maybe not if NR stops carrying them. :(

essnce629
12-18-2004, 05:38 AM
I stopped by my NR today too to see if they had any Kecci bags left, but they were all sold out. My NR also had the Hannah Banana bags that I was immediately drawn to, but I really didn't like the inside organization-- 3 small pockets against the back wall that didn't even seem wide enough to fit diapers or a wipes case and 2 small elastic loops on either ends to hold bottles. I immediately thought of the Mothership (when I saw them at a distance) and then thought for a moment that they might be those Dinatelli bags that were mentioned a while ago. The Hannah Banana ones had an adjustable strap and the changing pad came in a little zippered removable pouch. I really liked the print of the lavendar one.

***Latia
Conner 8/19/03

dhano923
12-20-2004, 04:39 AM
>One of our 2 local stores apparently isn't carrying them
>anymore. They have been replaced by Hannah Banana or Banana
>Hannah (can't remember and not sure if they are associated w/
>the clothing line or not) bags. They had a ton of the these
>mothership knock-off bags at this store - about 10 different
>designs for about $40. I can't find them on-line anywhere to
>post a picture.
>
>I was really hoping to buy another Kecci locally eventually,
>but maybe not if NR stops carrying them. :(

I went to NR and they were out so I ordered one online from boogiebabyonline.com.

westchicagomom
12-21-2004, 01:33 AM
I too loved the pinkish/lavender print too. I also saw one tonight I liked better. It was a mauvish/greenish bag with hints of hot pink and a bright hot pink interior. The outer fabric changed colors depending on which way you looked at it. It was gorgeous!

Fortunately I don't like the plastic/vinyl thing so I won't be buying one. I wish kecci would make some bags in those prints.

meshell
12-21-2004, 02:46 AM
I saw the Hannah Bananas at our local NR last week as well. I wasn't too impressed with the quality when I saw them close-up. I was immediately drawn to them from far away, though, since they look just like the Motherships and had such cute fabric prints! The inside was plastic/vinyl, and doesn't look like it would hold up too well.

Michelle

kali
01-02-2005, 06:39 AM
I just skimmed this thread, so sorry if this info is is redundant or obsolete. I saw a stack of Kecci MommyBags at the Rockville (or maybe it's considered Gaithersburg?) MD Nordstrom Rack on 12/29.