PDA

View Full Version : If you could only have one small bag what would you get?

hapahaolegirl
12-20-2004, 05:33 PM
Hi,

I have been trying to figure out which small diaper bag to get. Reading all the messages here have me more confused I think because of all the options out there. I have the LE DIA backpack. It is huge! I lug it around to the mall, restaurants, etc. It's heavy and just way too clunky and unattractive for everyday use.
I want something cute but very functional. So if you only had one choice which smaller diaper bag would you choose? I need help! My DD is 4 months old now and I just can't deal with lugging my huge diaperbag around anymore!

Thanks!

Kristen

audball
12-20-2004, 06:03 PM
I'm probably biased because I have had such great customer service, but I would pick a Chester Diaper Backpack. They are managable, but easily stuffable. Prices are great (on their sale page at www.chesterhandbags.com) and if you enter DEC04 in the Comments section, you get another 20% off! Super cute and they are coming out with some bag improvements (like insulated pocket, cell phone pocket, etc.), probably in January...

I would probably also second a Timi & Leslie small bebe. It's a tote style, but many women on this board have raved about it. Their site is www.timiandleslie.com.

bubbaray
12-20-2004, 08:23 PM
Where to start?

I'm having a new love affair with my Updated LE LT. It holds a ton, but is small enough it could pass for a purse.

I also really like my T2 Metro Mini, which can pass as a purse too (would be great for travel). Mine is pink, so I'm not using it in the winter. It is VERY cute and I always get comments on it (even from non-moms!) when I use it.

I currently have a Chester backpack on order, so I'm can't compare it to the others yet for you.

I can't imagine using a LE Backpack as a daily bag!!! I had one but returned it as it was just too huge for me to use, even for travel....

Another bag you might like is the Skip Hop. It isn't small by any means, but honestly, I think EVERY mom should have one. It is by far my favorite diaper bag.

HTH

Melissa
Mom to Maya http://www.mothering.com/discussions/images/smilies/binky.gif & Dog Mom to Bubba http://www.mothering.com/discussions/images/smilies/dog.gif

http://www.babysfirstsite.org/newtickers/ticker/11089.birthday.png

lmariana
12-20-2004, 08:39 PM
My #1 choice would be a Timbuk2 Metro Mini!
#2 - Chester Diaper Bag
#3 - LE Little Tripper

Mariana
Owner of HappyDayBaby
Mother of Gabriel, 08/14/2003
www.heinzandmariana.com (personal site)

http://lilypie.com/baby2/030814/1/5/0/-5/.png[/img] ([img)

Momof3Labs
12-20-2004, 08:46 PM
Lands End Little Tripper, definitely. We have two of them now!

nd93
12-20-2004, 09:13 PM
Is the Chester diaper bag really comparable to a LE LT? I had always thought it was bigger (I do not own one, just an LT). I've been researching for a month now for a new small bag because I have an old LT with no bottle pockets or place for my wallet/phone. But I see the new LTs have solved that problem and after going round and round I'm tempted to just spend $20 and get a new LT! Does anyone know if Sears sells them in the stores, or do you have to order from Lands End?

bubbaray
12-20-2004, 09:43 PM
I think you might like the Updated LE LT. The bottle pockets are great (I can fit a regular cycling bottle in there if I take the bag to the gym) and my rather wallet fits in the front parent pocket. No separate cell phone pocket, but mine fits in the front pocket with my wallet (or you could use the 2nd bottle pocket). I also use the bottle pockets for DD's toys for quick access. The interior of the bag is a light blue, so its easy to see things. After not using mine for 6m or so, I am stunned by how much stuff I can cram into it. And it comes with the BEST changing pad out there (I use the LT change pad in all my bags).

The strap can be worn messenger style (I'm pretty tall, so I think it would work for most people) or you can shorten it up a lot and hang the bag over your stroller handlebar(s) -- it works on both umbrella-style strollers or book-fold strollers.

I *think* I've seen the LT at Sears in the navy color. The full color selection is only at LE, though. But at this time of year, I would be tempted to order online and avoid the crowds at the mall. If you don't like it, you can return your online order to any Sears store.

HTH

Melissa
Mom to Maya http://www.mothering.com/discussions/images/smilies/binky.gif & Dog Mom to Bubba http://www.mothering.com/discussions/images/smilies/dog.gif

http://www.babysfirstsite.org/newtickers/ticker/11089.birthday.png

LucyG
12-20-2004, 10:08 PM
I'm getting the updated LT for Christmas, but have not found it in any Sears stores. I checked several, but only saw the tote diaper bags.

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_emerald_18m.gif[/img][/url]
21 months and counting!

nd93
12-20-2004, 10:31 PM
I've seen this before....what does HTH mean?

I think I'd like it too. At first I didn't want to get another LE bag, thought I'd try something different. But I use my LT soooooo often, and I've always crammed everything I could in there. But that's always been the downside to me, not having a great place for sippy cups/water bottles and now that they've fixed it they've taken away my complaints! And it's so cheap too. If I do get it then I'll just have to look for a cute handbag instead!

I think you guys have convinced me to try the new LT. My DH will wonder why I'm buying the "same" bag and I'll have to show him how it's different! :)

nd93
12-20-2004, 10:47 PM
Also, what color LTs do you have? My current one is black.

newmomto1
12-20-2004, 10:47 PM
HTH = "Hope this helps" :-)

I had 2 of the old style Little Trippers (that I sold) and I also have an Updated Little Tripper....
even though they have the same name...they are very different bags (style-wise). So, it shouldn't be too hard to explain to your DH once he sees it :P.

I didn't care for the older style, but I think the updated one is a really great bag!
I used to use it a lot (along with my EB diaper backpack & LE diaper backpack)......*BEFORE* I discovered this board & the babybag board.
Now my poor LE's & EB have been abandoned for my Alpha 7!!!

...........and Mothership, and T2, and Ameribag, and....oh I'd better stop counting!!!!!!!!!

hapahaolegirl
12-20-2004, 11:15 PM
I can return my LE backpack to any Sears right? Do I need the receipt? If I remember correctly, you can return any LE product for a full refund, no questions asked. I'm now thinking about getting the Skip Hop and the LE LT bag. I'd still like something cute but for now something smaller and functional would be good.

Thank you everyone for all the help! Now I cannot wait to get rid of this huge LE backpack.

Kristen

nd93
12-21-2004, 09:30 AM
I know what you mean about these boards - too addictive! I was just fine with my current bags until hearing about all that is out there. I don't think there were all these choices when I had my first almost 5 years ago! To the person who likes the Timbuk2 Metro Mini - what is the inside like? Are there lots of pockets?

MamaKath
12-21-2004, 09:56 AM
I will also say LE LT. The new LT has some awesome features, can pass as a purse without being super girly, and has that great light blue interior. Not to expensive either which is especially nice. :-)

I use the older LT. To organize it I put my phone in the front zipper pocket, 2 sippies and a water bottle in the back open pocket (for the changing pad), my wallet either into the interior zip pocket or just loose, snacks (2 pakcs of gummies and 2 granola bars) and a couple small toys (right now it has a matchbox car, a veggie tale figure, and 2 large bells on leather lace baracelets) in the mesh pockets, keys on the key clip, and diapers and wipes in the center loose. Perfect for quick trips, and I can wear it messenger style, so it has been used a ton lately as I seem much more aware of purse theft at Christmas.

HTH (Hope that helps)~

Emmas Mom
12-21-2004, 11:44 AM
I'm also going to have to say the LE Little Tripper, and yes you can return any LE item to any Sears (though it is my understanding you do need your receipt??). I have the updated LT in red & absolutely love it. I also have the backpack which we use for travel & love that too. The "day purse" is great for my stuff & I love how it fits the kitchen sink! lol But I digress, I think the LT has just enough room for all my daily errand type stuff. I also have an older version of the LT & I keep that in the car with extra diapers, change of clothes, snacks & water/juice for DD. :) I looked at the Chesters & Timi & Leslie bags but I just do NOT their patterns/prints so none of those bags appealed to me. Not to mention there's NO way DH would carry one of them around! :P Good luck.

ETA: I have only seen the LE Totes & DIA's in our Sears store, never the LT.

MMEand1
12-21-2004, 06:26 PM
Do you know if the 20% code works for the sale bags as well? I absolutly love the animal crackers bag and it is on sale right now, but an exto 20% off would be even better!! Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Mariah P.

masetane
12-21-2004, 07:34 PM
I LOVE my Little Tripper but I stopped using it because when I put my wallet, cell phone, keys etc in the front parent pocket - it would ALWAYS tip over. If they made the front pocket go down to the bottom of the bag I thnnk it would help and it would be my favorite. Does this happen to anyone else's? I bought mine a year ago so maybe they are different now (mine has black interior) The side bottle/cup holders are the best idea and they are so discreet.
Caroline
http://fool.exler.ru/sm/ma.gif
Isabelle 10/1/00
Nicholas 2/27/03