PDA

View Full Version : MamaKath...LL Bean MINI healthy backpack (pics)

Emmas Mom
12-22-2004, 10:31 PM
Ok, this is an offshoot of MamaKath's thread about how we carry our own stuff. I ordered the LL Bean Mini Healthy Backpack & let me just emphasis the MINI!! Whoa, it's definitely teeny. Very cute but I will be returning it cause it barely holds my wallet & cell phone. I could get a lipstick or something else in there but that's about it. The inside has a small open pocket & a clip to attach keys(??), the outside front has the zip pocket you can see (you could fit a couple credit cards or other small papers in it), the back side has a open pocket that's secured by velcro. I tried to stick my cell phone in one of them & it fit but wasn't secure by any means. So, if you just needs something small like that, it'd be great for you. It certainly will fit into most diaperbags, except maybe the smallest (like the Escape Pod). I took a picture of it next to my LE Little Tripper & well...you can see for yourself! :D I like it a lot but just can't see a situation where I'd use it on a regular basis & I guess that's really what the thread was all about anyway. ;)

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/18781.jpg

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/18783.jpg

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/18784.jpg

Kimberly H
12-23-2004, 06:18 AM
Wow! That's REALLY tiny! Cute though...

audball
12-23-2004, 10:58 AM
Kristine, I don't mean to laugh, but that little purse is almost comical :D...I showed DH and he thought it was a pretty normal bag, until you look at it with the LT in back...

It looks like someone took an incredible shrinking raygun to it!

In all seriousness, I hope you find something that works soon. I've had luck with my Loom watermelon clutch and Chester handbags had a little folding bag (small diaper bag insert? They may have run out and now have a cosmetic case that works the same way) that was good for in the diaper bag - not so convenient to use as a clutch since it didn't have a loop....

Emmas Mom
12-23-2004, 11:14 AM
Laugh away! I was when I opened it. In fact DD picked it up & was carrying it around. It's about the same size as her "first purse" is! I mean, it's really cute, but I just don't find it practical for me.

What I actually found & pulled out was the "day bag" from my LE Deluxe Backpack. So, I've been carrying that around & it's a pretty decent size....except when I'm using the LT! *sigh* I guess I'm going to have to face it, I'll be forever transferring my wallet/cell/keys/sunglasses from bag to bag! Oh well, it's still fun to keep on the lookout for the "perfect" bag! :D

Kimberly H
12-23-2004, 07:03 PM
Kristine, that my personal bag in China and I loved it! I wish they'd make a prettier version ;)

alaible
12-23-2004, 07:13 PM
Wow that really is a mini. I bet my checkbook sized wallet wouldn't even fit in there.

Emmas Mom
12-23-2004, 11:44 PM
Oh, it's definitely a cute bag, just too small for me to use! ;)

And no, I couldn't even fit my regular checkbook in it, so I don't think there's anyway to stuff a checkbook wallet in!

MamaKath
12-27-2004, 09:16 AM
That is cute!!! Super tiny!! It looks like it would work if you use it instead of a wallet. Is that on target? I got a new wallet for Christmas that I am going to try using a bit. Keep me updated on the quest though. :-)

Emmas Mom
12-28-2004, 10:36 PM
Yes, you could use it in that function though I don't think it's quite as "organized" as a wallet. I'm sticking with my LE Backpack "day bag" for now & my own purse during the week when I work. The quest goes on! ;)