PDA

View Full Version : Hurray! - I got a Kate Spade baby bag for Christmas!

jenny.d
12-26-2004, 09:32 AM
Now it's decision time. I got the medium tote that zippers and it feels a little heavy already (with only the changing pad inside). I am petite and sometimes have a problem with shoulder straps falling off my shoulder. I am wondering if I shoukld exchange my bag for a messenger style bag that I can wear across my body when carrying the baby. Any thoughts about these bags?? TIA.

jesseandgrace
12-26-2004, 09:36 AM
I love messenger style bags, I hate the other bags falling off my shoulders. There is a really ute Kate Spade messenger style bag you might like - I can't think of the name but I've seen it posted here.

ktdid74
12-26-2004, 10:12 AM
Rightstart.com has KS black messenger bags on sale for a little over $100 (can't remember exact price :) ) Seems like a good price if you decide to get a different style. What a nice gift though!!

emmiem
12-26-2004, 12:12 PM
I have the Kate Spade messenger bag (medium) and I love it! I liked it when you no longer have bottles because there is not many bottle pockets. I would exchange the tote for the Fred backpack instead. Lots of bottle pockets inside and out and easy to use while holding the baby or pushing the stroller. I even use it without kids and people comment on how chic it is.
Michele

AvasMama
12-27-2004, 06:40 PM
I bought and returned the KS tote for similar reasons to what you mentioned -- I am 5'2" and the tote was heavy and I found it awkward to get stuff out easily. I got the Roger style instead (can be worn over the shoulder or messenger style) and I love it! It is a great size for everyday use and has lots of pockets inside. I have the pink dot noel pattern and I get tons of compliments on it.

Robyn & Ava

kylesmom
12-29-2004, 05:28 PM
I have the Kate Spade Tote. I am 5'7" and it does get heavy and slide off my shoulders alot. I don't like it much cause it is hard to carry the bag and my baby as well and it does not fit to hang on the stroller,and the changing pad takes up a lot of space in the bag. If I had thought better of it I would have exchanged it for a messenger style or backpack.

robmab719
12-30-2004, 09:50 AM
I also got a Kate Spade baby bag for Christmas, but I got the pink dot noel tote. It's beautiful, but like yours, it's heavy. I haven't had problems with the straps falling off my shoulder...yet.

I wish it was a messenger because I hate that the bag is open for the whole world to see all the time. But since it was a gift from my MIL, I can't return or exchange it. So I guess I will use it when I need to be stylish and build my arm muscles at the same time. :)