PDA

View Full Version : Love my T&L but...

saschalicks
12-28-2004, 01:59 PM
Ladies,
I need your advice: I love love love my T&L Large Bebe in Lina (new style). But I HATE the outside bottle pockets. It is so hard to get bottles in and out of, esp. Avent bottles. I pack the bag w/bottles first, but once it packed you can get the bottles back in. For Hanukah, my DH bought me the 2 Red Hens Whole Roost in Roofus (exactly what I wanted), and I love how big it is, but not as great organization as T&L. Sometimes I feel like I'm "cheating" on my T&L by using my 2RH. Does anyone ever feel that way about one diaper bag over another? I just find with the outside bottle thing I'd rather just use the 2RH. Please help a lady who feels bad for a bag that has no feelings :) What should I do so that I will use T&L equally? Is that possible?

Sorry for the rambling...

ETA: I wasn't clear why I didn't like the pockets so I'll tell you that it's not the size, but the fact that the vinyl is on the inside and therefore makes it hard to get bottles in and out. They keep getting stuck.

AbbieF
12-28-2004, 04:13 PM
I know what you mean- it sounds like when I was little and got a new doll. Somehow the others would feel less loved. Okay, I think I get what you're saying (sometimes I'm a little slow on the up-take)What if you kept something in the pocket to keep it stretched all the time? Like a cup w/o the lid or a can insulator that you could put your bottle into and take out,leaving the cup in the pocket. I don't know if it would stretch that much, but Avent has sippy cups that fit over your bottle so baby can get used to holding it before they're ready to give up their bottle, supposedly making the transition easier (haven't tried it) You could even try a shallow but wide enough tupperware container that may only cover a couple of inches on the bottle-might be a little more successful, creating like a mini coaster effect. Does this make any sense?

Abbie
Mom to Maddie 4/17/04

shishamo
12-28-2004, 04:22 PM
I have Lina, too, and I love it! I don't know what to do with Avent bottles, but I do know that playtex straw bottles fits great in the outside pockets (one for each pockets), one of the reason I love this bag. So, since playtex sippies (which is the same size and shape as the straw ones) are so popular, once your baby is off the bottle in about 5-6 months or so (or earlier depending on the baby), you would be set! In the meantime, just use 2RH?

chase
12-28-2004, 05:19 PM
Oh no....
not what I want to hear!
I was really wanting to order one of these bags...but I use 9oz Avent bottles.
Is it like *impossible* to get the bottles in & out??
My baby is 10mos old..so I guess he won't be using bottles a whole lot longer. But he will be using the Avent sippy cups.
This bag seems like it would be perfect for me except for the bottle pocket issue.
Now I don not know what to do :-(

saschalicks
12-28-2004, 06:43 PM
I guess I didn't make myself very clear so I'll amend my statment. The pockets are big enough, but the vinyl is in the pocket so imagine trying to slide plastic on plastic. Do you get what I mean? The bag is GREAT otherwise. It's the the fact that the vinyl just doesn't slide well in and out. This week we had a problem with a screaming hungry baby and we couldn't get the bottle out due to the fact that it was stuck on the vinyl.

AbbieF
12-28-2004, 07:12 PM
So, do you think keeping something in there to put the bottle in would work or could you put something in the pocket against the vinyl to make it slip better, like some glad press and stick?

Abbie
Mom to Maddie 4/17/04

nov02mom
12-28-2004, 07:21 PM
I totally understand! I've never used bottles, but sippys get stuck on it too! I've been using the inside pocket for sippys and the outside one for cell phone!
Kristen