PDA

View Full Version : Review on my new stroller toddler tote from Momoplace (pics)

firsttimemommy
12-30-2004, 11:37 AM
Hi all!

I just got one of Terri Chen's (momoplace on ebay) new designs - a stroller toddler tote :) I was one of the lucky "market testers" for it! I told her I was planning to post a review and she asked that I post honestly. So here goes!

It is adorable! Definitely a toddler tote size at 11x10x3. It has a unique envelope type design on the bottom that I have not seen on other handcrafted/WAHM/custom tote designs.

The fabric is a wonderful lavender bamboo silk and chocolate cotton twill. The interior is a cream color with two elasticized pockets - that go all the way to the bottom of the bag! The carry handles are made from the silk. The stroller straps (works well on a bar handle stroller or shopping cart) are constructed from the twill with a tiny ribbon and crystal detail. The straps easily snap over the bar of the stroller or cart and can be tucked inside the bag pockets when not in use. There is a little paci/key clip on a grosgrain ribbon - I love the clip - not a carabiner - I can't stand those anyway - they not as user friendly as the one Terri used.

Folks, this is an extremely well constructed bag - lots of time and attention to detail. I have seen most of the popular WAHM/custom totes and this one is a step up quality/construction (not to take away from the others, as they are beautiful too, but this one is just a little fancier/nicer!!)

I did express my concern to Terri about the crystals coming off and leaving a "void" of glue where they were. She said they are permanent and are NOT coming off - glued/ironed on. We shall see. You could certainly ask to leave them off I guess, but they ARE a sweet little detail!

I was able to easily put a bottle, formula container, 2 diapers, wipe case, paci, wallet, keys and cell phone in this. Personally, I would probably have wanted a little bit bigger bag, but honestly, the more I use this one, the more I like the size.

If you have any questions feel free to ask me or you can just email Terri at terri_chen @ yahoo.com (no spaces). She is working on a website that should be up soon. If you are on nomail or digest and don't get the pics, I have posted this review on BBB too. Terri is a super sweet lady.

And that is my honest review - I really could not find anything wrong with this bag - it is not a big bag by any means, and there are no bottle pockets or anything, but the bag is intended to be a small toddler type tote.

Ronda
Proud Mommy to Jenna 1/03 and Jake 4/04

"If you live to be 100, I want to live to be 100 minus one day, so I never have to live without you." - Winnie the Pooh
Ronda
Proud Mommy to 2 adorable munchkins - 1/03 and 4/04
"If you live to be 100, I want to live to be 100 minus one day, so I never have to live without you" ~ Winnie the Pooh

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/19016.jpg

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/19017.jpg

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/19018.jpg

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/19019.jpg

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/19020.jpg

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/19021.jpg

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/19022.jpg

neocorgi
12-30-2004, 03:11 PM
what a cute bag! thanks for the review and photos.

just curious -- what kind of fabric is interior of the bag?

firsttimemommy
12-30-2004, 04:04 PM
It's a VERY soft lightweight cotton - not heavy like a twill.

Ronda
"If you live to be 100, I want to live to be 100 minus one day, so I never have to live without you" ~ Winnie the Pooh

supercalifragilous
12-31-2004, 12:46 AM
Thanks for posting pics! That is one GORGEOUS bag and I'm not a big purple purson, either! :) I was looking at the One Cool Chick bag in a similar color but yours seems so much lighter & prettier! Are these pics pretty true to color IRL?

I LOVE that the pockets are elasticized and that they go all the way to the bottom!!! The ones in my WW backpack don't and it's a pain b/c when I put my wallet in it it folds over the bag in the weirdest place. I've come to not even use the pockets anymore. :( And it looks like it has a thick enough stabilizer so it can stand well on its own!

Do you think the stroller straps would splay wide enough to fit an umbrella stroller too? It's such a pain that mine doesn't have a basket I hate to use it and I lug my jogging stroller around everywhere.

When you hang the bag from your stroller, does the bag close with a snap or does it just hang open?

That is such a great idea to hang it from the shopping cart! I never even thought of that! I usually just wear my Kecci as a backpack but that would be so much easier!

I wonder if Terri would be willing to add a detachable purse/messenger strap so I have the option of carrying it messenger style too. This is much nicer than the other stroller bags I've seen! I'm not much of a tote person but I would love one like this that zips when using as a purse but can snap or velcro shut as a stroller bag. I guess kinda like a Skip Hop but prettier... But I digress... ;-P

Oh, and is it dry-clean only or machine washable?

Alex1276
12-31-2004, 09:15 AM
I love that bag! It is adorable! I am trying to find a new bag. My Coach babybag is getting too heavy and DS doesn't need as much. This is a great choice.

Alex
DS 10/24/03

jesseandgrace
12-31-2004, 09:12 PM
Wow, it is really nice! Are they for sale yet?

firsttimemommy
01-02-2005, 12:32 AM
I'll try to answer your questions:

Yes, the pics are pretty true :)

The stabilizer is great - it does stand well on it's own.

No, it won't work on an umbrella stroller :(

It does close with a snap :) She may add other closure options later, but the bags she's making now are snap closure :)

I am sure Terri could customize it for you - just ask - she is a doll! She went through about 4 prototypes to get to this one though, so she has a lot of kinks worked out :)

The material is supposed to be machine washable, but I would be hesitant since silk wrinkles - but you could always iron it I guess!!! LOl

I love love this bag, but with two in diapers and one in bottles, it is too small for me. I am going to post it on babybags in the next day or two for what I paid for it (Terri offered it to me at a reduced price so that I could test it for her and give her honest feedback) so Terri can have more "testers" and we can all share the joy of her wonderful creation!!!! I am hoping she will agree to make a larger one at a later date :)

Supercali if you want it, just email me through the boards :) I hope I addressed all your questions!

Ronda

supercalifragilous
01-03-2005, 04:43 PM
Thanks for all the info and the offer, Ronda! I'm going to get a couple of One Cool Chick bags and a Kecci through the co-ops so if DH finds out I'm getting ONE MORE BAG, I'll be "goin' through the big D and I don't mean Dallas." :( But maybe by the time I win my reprieve (he forgets) maybe Trish will add other closure options (like Velcro) and make it fit an umbrella stroller! :) I'm definitely going to *need* one of these!!

nd93
01-03-2005, 05:41 PM
That is a beautiful bag. I especially like the lavender silk with the cream interior. Tell Terri to get that website going! More places for us all to lurk.