PDA

View Full Version : Diaper Bag Suggestions

shannonG
01-01-2005, 03:30 AM
Hi!! I really want to get a couple of nicer more useful diaper bags. My son is 6 months old now and I am still using one that I registered for on BRU that is big and bulky but seems to have very little room in it!!! I need something that will be good for every day outings. Also, what do you all put in your every day bags? I might be jamming too much...I'm clueless. I just want to start being more organized...my bag is stuffed yet I never seem to have what I need!! Are skip hops good every day bags? I was thinking of getting one but wondering if they are only good to be kept on the stroller. Clueless!!! I appreciate any of your suggestions!! Thanks! Shannon

bluej
01-01-2005, 09:29 AM
I love my Skip Hop! I use it for my every day bag. I even use it when I don't have the baby with me. My every day items are: changing pad, packet of wipes, two diapers, a couple of baby books and a few small toys, a smallish make up case with aquaphor, small bottle of hand lotion, baby tylenol, hand sanitizer and small package of bandaids. My wallet, check book, lip balm, cellphone, keys, a medium size container of snacks, one sippy and my hotsling. Believe or not, I still have empty pockets/compartments or ones with just a few items in them on my Skip Hop with all of that stuff.

shannonG
01-01-2005, 02:06 PM
Wow thanks!! I wasn't sure that a Skip Hop would fit all of that stuff!! Do you also include an outfit to change your baby into in case of an accident? I'm doing that and I think that's what hogs up the space. Thanks for your response, now I have a better idea of how much Skip Hops can hold!! Also, I love the idea of ditching my purse for just one bag!

bluej
01-02-2005, 08:39 AM
Ryden is 19 months now so I no longer carry an extra outfit. When I did carry an extra outfit I used a Zutano outfit because it was thin and not bulky so it didn't take up much space. There is plenty of room in the Skip Hop for an extra outfit.

mastry
01-02-2005, 09:04 PM
I have a Vera Bradley Carry All and I use it everyday. It's very lightweight and fairly spacious. The store I bought it from gave me one of the waterproof/terry cloth changing pads for free. The strap is adjustable so I can put it on the back of my stroller, which frees up space in the basket. I've had it since Sept. and love it!

shannonG
01-02-2005, 10:43 PM
Thanks bluej and mastry for the info!! I think I will be getting a Skip Hop and then maybe a more fun bag...like the one you posted mastry! I love that bag! Thanks guys!

bluej
01-03-2005, 06:40 AM
That is a GORGEOUS bag!

saschalicks
01-04-2005, 05:39 PM
I had to comment because our sons have the same birthday :)

As for bags I love the organization of the Timi & Leslie Large Bebe. I just got the 2 Red Hens Whole Roost for the holidays and I love love love that I can put everything in there easily without feeling overstuffed.

As for your Skip*Hop question: I have one of those and the organization is incredible, plus you won't believe how much it will hold. I started out with that one when DS was born. I find the narrowness to be a bit hard to get stuff out of it. Plus I like bags with "personality" and the Skip*Hop to me is just plain. However, if we are to go on a trip that's the bag I would take.

My usual is to carry the following when out for more than 2 hours:
3 size 2 diapers
wipes case
whatever changing pad comes with the bag
3 bibs (droller monkey)
burp cloth
change of clothes (usually a one piece pants or pjs b/c it's easy)
First Aid bag (clear small cosmetic bag w/medicines and Band Aids)
teething toy and cloth book
2 Avent bottles
water bottle
formula dispenser
3 disposible spoons
my mommy bag (wallet, cell phone, lipstick, pen and tampon)
sometimes a jar of baby food

lisak
01-07-2005, 04:06 PM
I use a Skip Hop exclusively. I can hang the strap over the stroller w/o having to fiddle w/ the 'stroller' straps.
It has great pockets for organizing baby's things, and still leaves lots of room for more. I've even carried it when ds has stayed at home w/ dh.
HTH!

I carry 2 #4 diapers
Huggies wipes container
disposable changing pad
bib and socks
plastic toddler utensil holder
plastic disposable placemat
wallet, lip balm, lip gloss
cell phone
dr. smith's
a book
2 snack containers
sippy cup
extra shirt and pants

MamaKath
01-07-2005, 07:26 PM
I got one at Christmas and am kicking myself for waiting so long! I thought I wanted a "cuter" bag or a more organized bag. The SkipHop is doing it all for me though. I am really shocked! I posted a review but really need to update it now that I have used it a ton. It is a great bag! I thought I wouldn't use it much, especially since I am not using strollers that often these days. I am using it all the time though!! I love wearing it messenger style, it holds everything I need and then some. It is well enough organized that it is easy for me to find everything. (DH recently complained about not being able to find anything in it since it had a place for everything and I insist on putting items in them, lol. He couldn't find the phone in the outside phone pocket. ;-)) I could go on and on! All my concerns have disappeared and I am hyping myself up to sell off some other bags. Ask anything I might be helpful with, and here is my review, though many of the cons I do not really see as cons anymore. http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_mesg&forum=63&topic_id=17705&mesg_id=17705&listing_type=search

HTH~

shannonG
01-13-2005, 02:58 AM
Hi! Thanks to everyone for posting your diaper bag suggestions! I shifted my searching over to car seats for the last few weeks (got a Marathon) and forgot about this post until today!!! Your info. really helps in my decision making...thanks!!! Saschalicks, how neat our babies have the same birthday!!!! Seven months coming up soon!! I can't believe it! Thanks!