PDA

View Full Version : LE "Do-it-all" or "Large Canvas diaper tote"

dylansnan
01-01-2005, 03:45 PM
Hi there!
Just wondering if you ladies have opinions on either of these bags. I am not really a diaper bag person, and have very little experience with them. I am considering both of these, what do you think?
Thanks!

coffeemug230
01-01-2005, 10:35 PM
I have a DIA that sits in the bottom of my closet and I have never ever carried it. Not once.

newmomto1
01-02-2005, 12:19 AM
How are you planning to use the bag?

I have the Large Tailored Tote (not in canvas). I think the bag has great organization. There are three totally seperate zippered compartments. The only thing that I don't like is that the straps are a bit short. The only time this has been an issue for me is when I have a bulky coat on, it's hard to get on my shoulder.

I had a Do It All that I returned.
I did not think that the organization was as good (for my needs). It does have longer, adjustable straps though.

HTH :-)

MamaKath
01-03-2005, 10:10 PM
Hi Cindy!
They are both big bags, so it depends on what and how much you'll be carrying. The organization on the Tote is awesome! I love that I can keep their clothes and diaper stuff seperate from their food and all of that seperate from my stuff. It doesn't have outside pockets though to easily access a sippy or other items (the light blue and white canvas does have a small pocket on the front where a phone will fit though). The DIA (newest version) has outside bottle pockets and longer adjustable straps, but does not have a firm bottom which makes it kind of strange for the loose stuff, it tends to shift alot. It has interior pockets, but not as much overall organization.

What are you planning to hold in the bag, what's the budget, and your likes/dislikes? The ladies here are awesome at matching you up, but watch out, it is easy to get sucked in. ;-)

dylansnan
01-04-2005, 06:53 PM
Hi Kath!
Thanks for the descriptions. I really don't know what I want, LOL! I was looking at the LE website and they have some bags on sale, and I got to thinking... "hmm... maybe I need a new bag" I have a bunch of "little bags" but none of them are actually diaper bags. I used my Eagle Creek small shoulder bag for a while, I love this bag, but don't want it to be a diaper bag anymore. Having just one 2 year old, I don't carry much, and if we are out for a long day, I ,of course, have a stroller with me ;-)Right now I am using a cheap little bag from target, and my "walmart-panniers" on the Kiwi.
I think I have ruled out the DIA, but am still considering the Tote for all-day outings where it won't have to fit in the stroller (beach, picnic) or overnights. There is also a small back-pack (non diaper bag) that looks like it might be good for if/when there is more than 1 child in my care ;-)
And since I mentioned sale and Target and Walmart, you might have guessed my budget on bags is very little, pretty much looking for inexpensive, hehe.

Thanks to the PP's too!

MamaKath
01-05-2005, 04:02 PM
The LE Totes are great as overnight bags. :-) I actually got 2 striped ones for when we travel that I have a "matching set". It is great for organizing all the kids stuff. I also use them in addition to the family suitcase to hold socks, tights and undies since I need to access those often and not be digging through the suitcase so much, lol. I also used them a lot for the beach in the summer to hold snacks, sunscreen and other stuff. They just are great totes! They can be very bulky when packed full, so not an everyday bag but a good size.

The other "cheap" bag I would recommend is the Old Navy Messenger. I got that one for me and gave one as a gift (and put a couple away incase I need other gifts). It is a T2 knockoff and super comfy. I had found them a few months back in NY when I was visiting for about $10 plus tax. Not tons of organization but a comfy bag to carry and holds a ton. I used it to chaperone my dd's calss field trip and it was terrific- big enough for the lunches, emergency supplies, odds and ends, and could throw our jackets in too. :-)

I'll have to think if I have seen some others. I am always on a very small budget when it comes to diaper bags too (and everything lately, lol). My huge splurge was the SkipHop but then my sister gave me that instead of the Kecci she was going to buy. Just as well, the excess in my life has me quite upset with all the tsunami stuff on the news. Email me if you want me to take some pics of any bags, I haven't found my camera, but can borrow a friends tomorrow. :-)

lisak
01-05-2005, 04:25 PM
I have a do it all that I carried for a very short time until I realized the bigger the bag, the more stuff you will carry...and there wasn't a long shoulder strap, so it was bulky and heavy.

It just sits at the bottom of ds's closet now. I guess it would be a great overnight bag, but I prefer the messenger style, so I am in the market for another one.