PDA

View Full Version : Chester Backpack vs. Chester Classic Diaper bag

newmomto1
01-02-2005, 05:03 PM
These bags have caught my eye (uh oh!)

I was wondering if anyone could compare the two for me.

Is one more organized than the other??
Positives?
Negatives??

ETA:
Are the handles on the Classic Bag long enough to loop over the handles of my P3??
Does the backpack stand up on it's own??

Would love to hear some feedback, thanks!!

newmomto1
01-03-2005, 10:05 PM
Bumping up...
Anybody familiar with these bags????
TIA!!

bluej
01-04-2005, 09:44 AM
I have the backpack but haven't used it yet. I loaded it up and the way I have it packed (heavy wallet, heavy keys and cellphone in the front pocket), it does still stand on it's own, but it leans forward. Okay, I just redistributed the weight and put snacks and books in the front pocket and my stuff in the mommy bag in the main part and it stands right up perfect :) But when I use the bag, I'll probably still put my stuff in the front pocket. I don't know about the classic bag and whether or not the straps are long enough to loop over stroller handles. The backpack has adjustable straps and I think it looks rather cute hanging on the stroller.

punkadoodle2
03-08-2005, 08:55 PM
Jen,

Just curious about your animal cracker backpack. I just received mine in the mail today. Haven't had time to pack it yet. Just wondering, did the makeup bag included in yours match or was it another fabric? I was really hoping it would be the same print and it isn't :(

I think the animal cracker print is really cute. I think I've made a good choice. I considered the red gingham, this is much more fun.

Ellen

audball
03-08-2005, 11:27 PM
I have both and actually prefer the backpack. It probably has more to do with the fact that I'm "discovering" I am a backpack person. The backpack shape is super-cute and it holds a little more (IMO).

The Classic Tote has two internal bottle pockets (not insulated) and the interior is quite spacious. The outside has two flat exterior pockets. It's super lightweight and I can get the handles over the Volo stroller. My Peg is a double, so I haven't tried - but the tote fits nicely under the seats in the stroller basket, no problem. Since it has a zipper, I have no problems just throwing things in there.

The backpack has a similar internal organization with two bottle pockets. There is also a small zippered pocket in the rear interior. Deep enough for a Palm Pilot, but you may want to keep only flat "squishy" things there, since it will be against your back. I put the diaper changing stuff in the front pocket now, since it seemed to balance my backpack better (stands straighter). Even if you wanted to put the mommy things in front, I think it would still stand just fine. Shoulder straps are not padded, but easy to adjust and the backpack itself is very comfortable. My Timi and Leslie backpack (which I paid more for), isn't as comfortable.

One thing about both bags - they come with a dirties bag and a rather large (but cushy) changing pad. I use the changing pads in the car, but carry a smaller one for both bags. It takes up less space...

bluej
03-09-2005, 09:17 AM
My make up bag was black. Little black bag inside a black interior bag...not so good :(

punkadoodle2
03-09-2005, 12:18 PM
OK, guess I should be happy with my red gingham check bag. It does coordinate, just not match! Just thought it'd be cute to have a matching bag inside! :-)

Ellen