PDA

View Full Version : Need comparison of 3 Land's Ends Bags & pics if anyone has them

ladybugmom6
01-04-2005, 02:09 PM
Hi,
I want to get another smallish type diaper bag but can't decide which one. I'm teetering between the updated Little Tripper and the Medium Diaper Tote. I'm currently using an old version Little Tripper(2002). It mainly gets used at church as a "keep quiet" bag for our youngest 3 but also holds a diaper, wipes, and sippy cup for the 2yo. When my mom watches the little ones, the bag stays with her. I'm expecting my 6th baby this spring and want to get another smallish type bag for the baby. I think it'll work better for us to use 2 different bags, simply because I don't want to leave my hubby diaperbag-less with 3 small kids when I need to get up and leave and go nurse/change the baby. Also, there will be times that my mom will watch the older kids, but it will be quite some time before I leave the baby.

I've been extremely happy with the Little Tripper, and it still looks new. My only complaint is that it was almost too small at times, since we use cloth diapers. I also have a Do-It-All, but it is way too huge to carry on a daily basis. I noticed that the updated Little Tripper is bigger than the version I have, so it might be perfect. I also really like the looks of the Medium Diaper Tote too, but I wonder how much it holds in comparison to the LT.

Land's End's online pictures leave much to be desired, and I'd really love to hear from someone who actually has the bags. It would be great if someone could give me a size comparison and how much each bag holds. It would be especially great if someone could compare it to the old style Little Tripper.

Can anyone help? Thanks so much!

nd93
01-04-2005, 02:50 PM
Congratulations on your newest baby!

Here is a post where someone put pictures of the Updated LT and an old style one (with 2 handles)

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_mesg&forum=63&topic_id=13726&mesg_id=13726&page=

I have a *really* old LT (1999) and just got a new one. The new style has a little more room, plus nice bottle pockets on the outside.

One thing you could do, is order both styles, and then return the one you don't want to Sears so you wouldn't have to pay return shipping. It would only cost an extra $2 in initial shipping to order both, then you could check them out with all of your stuff and see which is best.

ladybugmom6
01-04-2005, 03:03 PM
Thank you so much! That was really helpful. It looks as though the newer version might be harder to get into, since it's not able to be unzipped as far. Have you found that to be the case, or is it no big deal? I would definitely like the bottle pockets, though.

That's a great idea to order both, see which I like better, and then take whichever one back I don't like as well.

Thanks again!

nd93
01-04-2005, 03:42 PM
Funny you say that, that's kind of what I thought. The new style is deeper and does seem to be harder to get into. My old one has no parent area or bottle pockets (well, I just realized the other day there is one inside, but it's so tiny I don't really know what would fit in there!), which is why I considered the new one. It is a nice bag, and if I did not already have an LT I would keep it. Another complaint with this bag is that the parent pocket in front does not go all the way down to the bottom of the bag. So when I put my wallet and phone in there it makes the bag fall over. I've got a different bag on order and I'm going to compare the two when the new one gets here. But I think the new LT will be going back to Sears. I don't think it's good enough to replace my old one.

nd93
01-04-2005, 03:48 PM
Double post - sorry! My computer is doing weird things to me today.

MamaKath
01-05-2005, 05:07 PM
First off CONGRATS!

Can't help with pics, though I have a feeling as the Medium tote is tried out by a few more folks, you'll see some more photos. I am debating the same two as I transition back to a purse. I got their small tote and I like it a lot. It holds quite a bit, has two seperate compartments, so holds my stuff and the children's stuff seperately. It also is much more purselike than my older LT in looks so I can grab it to take out without folks realizing. http://www.landsend.com/cd/ov/prod/1,1467,2_17273_52597_17728_110258_88705_,00.html?s id=0096156464229130060&CM_MERCH=PAGE_17726 It also comes in Microfiber http://www.landsend.com/cd/ov/prod/1,1467,2_17273_52597_17728_115475_93922_,00.html?s id=0096156464229130060&CM_MERCH=PAGE_17726

Lands End can be returned to Sears though, so I would order the bags you are thinking might work. Try them out and return what will not work out. At least then you are out shipping but only a small bit. And you don't have to pay to ship back.

A couple other suggestions might be to check out the travel/luggage section at your local big box store as well as the purse department. Sometimes you end up finding the perfect diaper bag in there. Or to check out a more mid-size bag (not as big as the DIA, but might work better overall for you) and then use the LT for the nursing/quick trip bag. A couple suggestions on that score might be the SkipHop Duo www.skiphop.com or even the Ameribag Tote (messenger style bag) http://www.ameribag.com/abagcollection.html# might work well.

HTH~