PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a Mothership Alternative

mom2bes
01-05-2005, 12:21 AM
I have checked out the Mothership & I love almost everything about it. It *could've* been the perfect bag for me....

I need a large bag, & the interior organization & the size of the Mothership looks great.
However...I cannot bring myself to spend that much $$ on this bag after reading here about all the quality issues.

I know myself...& I know I would constantly be worried about the vinyl being damaged...
So, I am looking for a good alternative.

I am hoping you experts could help me out. I would like something that will hold about the same amount as the Mothership, good organization, comfy to wear, & stylish (not big into prints...so that is not a neccessity). Under $150.00

Any suggestions????????

Thanks!!!!!!!

westchicagomom
01-05-2005, 03:31 AM
Nordstrom Rack has mothership knockoffs for $37. Some really cute prints, but I have no idea about the quality.

mom2bes
01-05-2005, 07:10 AM
Thanks for the tip....
Unfortunately, there is no Nordstroms Rack where I live :-(

Slingin_Momma
01-05-2005, 09:12 AM
Canadian Walmarts have a Fleurville knockoff called a Dinatelli, you can try searching on Ebay for that (I know there are a few listed)

And there's also this one on Babycenter...

http://store.babycenter.com/product/safety_babycare/diapering/bags_and_backpacks/5319

Or if you really want a MS...check on Ebay.

http://search.ebay.com/fleurville_W0QQsokeywordredirectZ1QQfromZR8

Hope this helps!

robmab719
01-05-2005, 09:52 AM
How about an OiOi Messenger? It's roughly the same size, has the same organization as the Mothership and you can get them for around $100.

Here's a link:
http://www.diaperbags.com/store/html/Oi_Oi_Diaper_Bags/Oi_Oi_Dot_Messenger.html

If you go that route, be sure to get a microfiber one. The canvas ones would be a bear to keep clean!

Momof3Labs
01-05-2005, 12:06 PM
Most of the Nordstroms Rack stores will ship, if you call them.

Michellev
01-05-2005, 04:25 PM
I live in Canada, si I went out and bought *all* the Dinatelli's at my local Walmart. There are only 3 kinds, so it wasn't too difficult. :lol: I wish they had better colours like the Fleurville does, but the white cord one is especially nice and they're holding up much better than I expected for the price. If I can't get a Mothership (DH says no :( ), this is the next best thing as far as I'm concerned.

mom2bes
01-05-2005, 05:29 PM
I would go for a Dinatelli....but I don't really want a lighter color :-(. I tend to like darker colors.
I wish they had more of a selection!

mom2bes
01-05-2005, 05:31 PM
The Kalencom bag looks interesting.
I found a pic of the inside of one here...unfortunately it doesn't seem to have the organization of the Mothership :-(

mom2bes
01-05-2005, 05:32 PM
deleted...duplicate

mom2bes
01-05-2005, 05:34 PM
The Oi Oi looks like a nice bag!
I know there was some negative comments here about those bags (but I don't know what they were!!)
I just remember seeing a post saying that they "got a bas rap".
Does anyone know anything about that?????