PDA

View Full Version : Kecci Co-op - Order confirmation?

mrsmac
01-06-2005, 12:12 AM
Hi all!
I'm a new lurker and decided to take the plunge and order 3 Kecci bags through the co-op. I e-mailed my order to Tracy and then called Stacy on Monday w/ my cc#. I haven't heard anything so I just e-mailed again tonight and asked for confirmation if they did in fact receive my email/order. And also an estimated delivery date (since I really have no idea how long it might take.)

I was just wondering if others received an confirmation after e-mailing Tracy or not and how long on average it's taking to get your bags (I did make sure all colors I ordered were in stock.) Are you happy with them?

Thanks for the info!
~Tanya

Edited 5 minutes later.....
Well, wouldn't you know it? Right after I posted this I received an e-mail back from Tracy. My bags should be shipped within 10 business days! Now all I need to know is whether I should tell Dh about it now or wait til the bags come and let him be mad at me then (we just ordered 2 new strollers in the past month too. He thinks I'm crazy!)

Thanks anyway....
But I still would like to know how everyone is liking their Kecci bags.

MMEand1
01-06-2005, 08:42 AM
I ordered a Navy one for myself and a red one for my SIL back in December, but ended up liking them both so much that I am keeping the one I ordered for her, too!! I just ordered another red one for her (SIL) and a friend and never heard back from them initially, either, but after posting here and asking virtually the same thing you did, I got a response as well.

I love the bags. I like all the little pockets on the inside and can use the pocket on the outside (that you put the packpack straps in) to hold the changing pad, so it takes up less room on the inside. I can put a bunch of stuff in it too, but I don't think I will be able to make it work for both a toddler and a newborn (I am an over-packer, though). For my 2yo DS, I usually keep the following in it: 2-3 sz 5 diapers, travel case of wipes, 1 undershirt, 1 pr boxer-briefs, Crayola color-wonder travel pack, a small book (the size of "Goodnight Moon"), a ziplock bag of Chex Mix (or similar), a few little odd toys that my DS is into at the time, take-n-toss sippy cup (in outside pocket), a bottle of water (for me - in outside side pocket), my keys, cell phone and ID.

I love the bag and have had so many people stop and ask me about it. There are currently about 10 people in my church that are PG right now and/or have just had a baby, and everyone is using the standard hospital bag or Wal-Mart/Target bags, so I stand out quite a bit when I am using my Kecci!

Hope you like your bags as much as I do! By the way, what colors did you get?

Mariah P.

mrsmac
01-06-2005, 01:45 PM
Thanks for your post Mariah!

Guess what? The bags came this morning!! I was so surprised, but happy :)
I ordered 3. One in the new Chartreuse (w/ pink trim) for my 15 month old daughter and one in Navy to use for my baby boy who is one the way.
The third one is going to be a gift for a good friend who is pg w/ a little girl (I plan on filling it with all the diaper bag essentials.) I ordered Aqua for her. It was really going out on a limb for me to order her something so 'non-neutral' especially in an item like a diaper bag on which people's personal preferences differ so much. I really hope she likes it. I love them all! I haven't had time yet to pack one up (my new E3 stroller came this morning also and I've been playing with it.) I think I'm going to have to iron them a little bit too. I hope that doesn't sound too anal, but they got very smushed in shipping and have some creases.
They seem to be great bags, I'm excited they got here so soon.
But now I'm going to have to fess up to DH, sooner than I'd planned, who was already steaming a little about the strollers (he knew the E3 was coming today) but has no idea about the bags. In my defense, I am not able to set up a nursery for this baby until a few months after he's born (long house story) and I have that nesting instinct getting stronger and stronger, so all I can do is buy 'stuff' to try to feel like we'll be ready for this baby. (I know, sounds lame, DH won't buy it either.) Oh well.
Once I get the bags filled up I'll try to post some pictures!

sunflowerseeds
01-06-2005, 02:06 PM
kinda off topic...but are they still taking orders? I'm new to the boards and just recently started researching for a new bag. The Kecci bags are very intriguing! Very pretty!!

I'm not sure how it all works though...meaning with the co-op. I've search for info on it and found out who to contact and stuff but there seems to be no end date? Is this true...can I still order throught the co-op if the bag I want is in stock? Is it still $37 with $5 shipping? And no shipping charge for 2 orders?

Thanks in advance!

mrsmac
01-06-2005, 04:38 PM
I didn't see an end date posted anywhere, so I'm not sure sure there is a set timeframe at the moment. I just ordered mine Monday and got them today. So I'm pretty sure they're still accepting orders.

I think it is a cool bag at a great price.

heidi_timms
01-06-2005, 05:01 PM
I think that the Kecci coop is going until the end of the month. It was extended due to it's popularity. I love my Kecci as well. Great pockets and for the price, you can't beat it!
~Heidi
Mom to Kailey
4/03

alaible
01-06-2005, 07:18 PM
I was suprised how quickly I got my bags. I ordered 2 and received them in about 2 weeks. And during those 2 weeks we had a really bad snow storm and did not receive any mail deliveries for 2 days. I did not get a confirmation but I never requested one.

I got a navy for winter and a light green (forget the actual color name) for spring/summer. I love the bag. I prefer not to have to carry a purse and a diaper bag and this bag is plenty big to hold all my stuff (camera, phone, wallet etc.) as well as your usual diaper stuff, toys and lots of snacks for a picky eater. I also love that the bottle pockets on the outside are big enough for those gerber hour glass shaped sippys - bags that hold that sippy are hard to find. There is even some extra room that will work great when baby #2 arrives in March.

My only concern is if the light color will show lots of dirt. They are said to be washable but I have yet to find someone that has actually tried to wash one.

EagerlyAwaitingBaby
01-06-2005, 09:59 PM
What is the kecci co-op? I actually came on the board to find out more about the Mommy-bag and I really want one!

TIA,
Lauren

jp96
01-08-2005, 02:12 PM
Do you like this better than the skip-hop?

Thanks

mrsmac
01-08-2005, 04:12 PM
I actually do have a Skip Hop also, but I just got it for Christmas (before I ordered the Keccis) and to be honest haven't used it much yet. So I can't give an experienced review. And since I just got my Keccis this week I haven't used them much either.

But from first impressions here is what I think:

Skip Hop
+ good outside pockets
+ converts straps to clip on to two handled stroller (but my stroller doesn't need this so it's a wasted feature for me)
+ durable, easily cleanable canvas
- narrow (less storage for bulky items)
-/+ might be considered plain, non-babyish
+ some husbands prefer the sporty look
+ can easily be used as a non baby bag in the future

Kecci
+ two outside bottle holder pockets
+ 5 interior pockets
+ fun, pretty brocade fabrics
- fabrics are not as durable as canvas
- brocade doesn't appeal to everyone (esp. not my DH)
+ converts from messenger to backpack (great feature for me having 2 kids = need free hands)
+ a bit roomier than the skip hop (but smaller than my mothership which is a plus for me)

These are just my personal impressions. Hope it helps!
~Tanya

hobokengirl
01-08-2005, 04:56 PM
I'd love more information also!!
thanks

EagerlyAwaitingBaby
01-08-2005, 06:14 PM
I actually figured it out. I did an advanced search for kecci co-op and found the relevant posts.

hobokengirl
01-10-2005, 06:52 PM
does anyone know if these are the only ones that are available through the co-op??

WHICH BAGS ARE INCLUDED:
4000 range - Red & Chartreuse
5000 range - Red, Chartreuse, Beige, Turquoise, Navy, Magenta, Aqua, Cornsilk
6000 range - Garnet & Steel Blue