PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have a Red Mothership??

davina
01-06-2005, 12:55 AM
I've been thinking about taking the plunge for a MS.
I think the red looks really pretty on line!
Is it a deep red or bright red IRL??
Is the "black hole" thing a big problem with this bag??
I have a black Alpha & the black interior doesn't bother me since the bag is so well organized...so I was hoping the same would be true of the MS.
If anyone could post some pics & let me know how you like the bag / color I'd REALLY appreciate it!!!

ETA: Is there a black Mothership coming out?? I thought I read that here awhile ago...but haven't seen anything about it anywhere.

Thanks,
Davina

MeredithsMom
01-06-2005, 10:09 AM
I do not have this bag (sorry) but am very interested in any answers as well. It is one of the colors I've never seen IRL either. I'm also wondering if it would match a red Bugaboo, but have no way to tell other than just ordering one and sending it back if it doesn't. Argh!

I hope someone can answer this. The bag looks like a bright red on the website, but colors can be so off, as you know!

newmomto1
01-06-2005, 10:56 AM
I've never seen the red....but I too would love to hear some feedback on the red bag. I am thinking about one also :P

dowlinal
01-06-2005, 02:20 PM
I only owned my red ms for about a day before I sold it so this is all from memory. There was nothing wrong with the bag but I did not "love" the color once I saw it and I already had the brown cord MS that I loved. From what I recall

- I thought that the color IRL was not the same as in the pictures. I loved the bag online. To me, in the pictures it looked like a rich deep red but in real life it seemed much brighter and louder. I've been trying to think of something that similar in color and the only thing I can come up with is Elmo. It's not a bad color. It just wasn't me. I was looking for a more subdued red that I could use for dressier occasions since that is when I tend to need a bigger bag.

- I was not bothered by the black interior. It was very well organized so I think it minimizes the whole black hole effect. If you don't mind the A7 then I don't think the MS will bother you.

I'm sorry I'm not being more helpful. Hopefully someone else can post a real life picture.

A

nd93
01-06-2005, 05:45 PM
Elmo red. For some reason I found that really funny! Nice description.

dowlinal
01-06-2005, 11:44 PM
Sorry I have Elmo on the brain because I am planning Madeline's first b-day party and have spent the day looking at the thousands of Elmo party products. :)

cimberdog
01-10-2005, 01:39 PM
I have the red mothership AND the red bugaboo! So I took some pictures today when I came home for lunch. The Mothership is more of an orage-red (i.e. Elmo). The Bugaboo is more of a cherry red. I don't think they look terrible together, but not having an exact match wouldn't bother me. The pictures are very true to color. HTH!

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/19448.jpg

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/19449.jpg

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/19450.jpg

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/19451.jpg

MeredithsMom
01-10-2005, 02:26 PM
Oh! cimberdog

Thanks so much for posting those pictures! Silly me forgot to subscribe to the thread so I just now wandered back in here and saw the pics. They are very helpful to me and I appreciate the time you took to post them.

I tried out my black Skip Hop (the one I've been using since DD was born) on the frog yesterday and wasn't too thrilled with how it hangs on the bars. Just when you think you have a system down. . .

Hope you are enjoying your Bugaboo! DD loves hers (see pics on stroller board) and so do we (especially DH, LOL).

Thanks again!

cimberdog
01-10-2005, 02:34 PM
Glad I could help!

I just got the Bugaboo for Christmas so I haven't had a chance to really try it out yet. My DS is two so we will see how long he will ride in it when we take him to the Mall of America in a couple of weeks. Baby #2 is expected next month and that's where I hope to get good use out of it while I am on maternity leave.