PDA

View Full Version : Interesting news from Fleurville:

SteelerFan
01-06-2005, 05:13 PM
Catherine (the owner) has been telling me about the new lines they are in development with! One bag is a leather bag, most likely to debut in the late spring, she said it's called the 'luxe'--the A-7 has actually been re-designed into 2 separate bags--one is exclusively a backpack and the other is a messenger style tote. She said to look for great new FUN 'fashion' fabrics...here's the latest email I got from her:

<<The new sling tote coming out this spring will NOT have a backpack option. It will have a messenger bag strap and tote handles. The silhouette will be tote-like (slightly flared) and the fabrics will be more like the MotherShip and will be vinyl covered (without any corners to crack!!!). I think what Sherri will probably like best is the real backpack we are working on that will (hopefully!) come out this summer. It will have real deal backpack straps and be a more technical than fashion-driven design. Sounds like I should come back to the BBB and see what else people are wondering about!!!>>

so more to look forward to from Fleurville! Yippee!

Amy
2 DDs
DS-8/04

debbiet.
01-07-2005, 03:19 PM
Wow, cool!

I have other gossip. A friend of mine owns a kids boutique and
she got a flyer that timi and leslie are selling a leather diaper bag too! It looks just like a balenciaga bag, the trendy kind that is in style now. It looks gorgeous. All these bags—quite dangerous!

deb

babyengineer
01-08-2005, 09:34 PM
Hi Deb,

Any idea how much the T&L Leather Bags will cost or what the interior organization will be like? And when do they debut?

Yes, you're right..."quite dangerous"...so why did you have to mention it?!! ;-)

Thanks for any additional *dangerous* info!

Lynn
"I'm living so far beyond my income that we may almost be said to be
living apart." ;-)

SteelerFan
01-08-2005, 10:28 PM
I saw the T & L Leathers--absolutely GORGEOUS!!!! I saw the black, the purply color (I'm not sure what to call it), the pink--OMG--so pretty and TDF! I wonder how much they're going to be!!!! That was one of the things I told Catherine (Fleurville) that most people were leery of--the cost of a leather bag! She said the bag will only be like 3-4 oz. heavier than a regular MS (I can't remember if that was in the original post or not, sorry!) because that is another reason why I steered away from Leather! But I don't know, depending on how much they're going to be--might be something to consider adding to my collection! LOL!

Amy
2 DDs
DS-8/04

lmariana
01-08-2005, 10:37 PM
They are gorgeous! It's called the Mommy Chic Bebe Bag. :) It is *rumored* to be retailing at around $390.

http://www.happydaybaby.com/shop/bags/timles_chic_cotcan.jpg
Cotton Candy

http://www.happydaybaby.com/shop/bags/timles_chic_choc.jpg
Chocolate

http://www.happydaybaby.com/shop/bags/timles_chic_berry.jpg
Berry

Here are some specs...
Rich and durable leather
Beautiful gold hardware
Accented with chinese brocade fabric
Waterproof metallic bronze lining with lizard embossed texture
Outside side pockets for cell phones or sunglasses
Back easy-access pocket
Inside pockets for clothes/toys/wipes
Snap hook for keys
Two insulated inside bottle pockets
Elegant chinese brocade matching changing pad and wristlet bag (both waterproof)
Protective gold metal feet
Magnetic snap closure

Dimensions: 12" tall x 12" wide x 4" deep

Mariana
Owner of HappyDayBaby dot com
Mother of Gabriel, 08/14/2003
www.heinzandmariana.com (personal site)

http://lilypie.com/baby2/030814/1/5/0/-5/.png[/img] ([img)

babyengineer
01-08-2005, 11:22 PM
Thanks Mariana! I *knew* there was a reason you're the "Diaper Bag Queen"!!!

$390.00 retail?!! That price seems a little bit outrageous but the specs sure sound nice. I just love the "waterproof metallic bronze lining with lizard embossed texture" description. Wowee!

So should I pray to the "Good Diaper Bag Fairy" that the co-op price will be unbelievably cheaper? (Are you listening, Leslie?)

Thanks for the info,
Lynn

"I'm living so far beyond my income that we may almost be said to be living apart"...so how much farther apart is a $390.00 diaper bag?!!

debbiet.
01-09-2005, 09:06 AM
Mariana,
Gorgeous!!!! But I could never hide that kind of charge on the credit card.

Deb

NewmomKim
01-09-2005, 03:55 PM
That bag is just stunning! I am in love and I got the go ahead from my husband!

Question for the veteran Mom's...is leather practical?