PDA

View Full Version : Cheapest place to get a Skip Hop?

Marisa6826
01-08-2005, 12:06 AM
I need one for my new Valco. Where's the best deal?

Should I hold out for a 20% coupon and just get one at Buy Buy Baby??

Thanks!

-m

toomanystrollers
01-08-2005, 07:43 AM
What color are you looking for? I was going to give the Right Start in our area a call. The store is closing and there's 40% off going on. And someone over on the Bargains' thread snagged a Skip Hop.

I'm going to call the store this morning and see if they can hold a few items. We're expecting more snow this morning. Otherwise I'd haul it over there - it's about an hour drive.

HTH

LD92599
01-08-2005, 08:26 AM
Check w/ Jen @ Expressive Toys! That's where I got mine!

Laura
mom to William

LKibala at optonline dot net

http://homepage.mac.com/ld14m

http://lilypie.com/baby2/030305/0/7/0/-5/.png[/url]

Marisa6826
01-08-2005, 10:51 AM
Pam-

Probably red, black or grey. Which store is it that's closing?

Would it be big enough for both Sophie and Amelia's stuff?

-m

toomanystrollers
01-08-2005, 11:11 AM
Waah - they can't hold anything. I will try to go tommorow. I don't have a Skip*Hop (yet!) so I can't say.

MamaKath
01-08-2005, 12:08 PM
I second that! :-) She was great to deal with, has great prices on stuff, and shipped super fast!!!!

MamaKath
01-08-2005, 12:10 PM
M, what are you carrying for both? I can try to pack mine similarly and let you know. :-) It holds ALOT more than I thought it would actually.

LD92599
01-08-2005, 12:44 PM
Jen might actually be less w/ shipping than @ Buy Buy Baby w/ a coupon when you take into account tax!

Laura
mom to William

LKibala at optonline dot net

http://homepage.mac.com/ld14m

http://lilypie.com/baby2/030305/0/7/0/-5/.png[/url]

jp96
01-08-2005, 02:08 PM
How does everyone get all of their stuff in it? I can't get my bottle cooler bag in there. Otherwise it seems like a great idea but I think it is way too small.

Marisa6826
01-08-2005, 10:21 PM
Kath-

Usually 4-6 dipes for each of them
Wipes
2 or 3 8 oz Avent bottles of juice for Sophie
1 or 2 4 oz. Avent bottles for Mia
2 or 3 4 oz. glass Similac bottles for Mia
Little bags of pretzels and little tiny boxes of raisins for Sophie
Small ziploc of Motrin, thermometer, etc.
Travel sized roll of paper towels
Burp rag or two
Travel Magnadoodle
Travel umbrella for Mommy
Bottle of water for Mommy

I currently keep a change of clothes for both of them in there too, although I'm thinking I can keep those in the car if I have to.

The more I read, the more I think the Skip Hop is going to be too small.

I was looking at the big LE dipe bag (the "ultimate'" I think it's called for $30). I saw it IRL today. It's bulkier than I want, but I think that might be my only option.

I currently carry a Vera Bradley, but don't think it's going to work with the Valco.

AGH. No more stroller issues is my new mantra ;).

hugs

-m

Marisa6826
01-08-2005, 10:22 PM
I saw it for $50 on her site. It's www.expressivetoys.com, right?

Does she do a BBB deal?

-m

MamaKath
01-08-2005, 11:34 PM
Okay, you are completely like me carrying all the food stuff when you head out. :-) With DD's allergies, the food thing has been a big thing for us, and a reason that I have kept trying different bags.

Here is my thoughts/suggestion for what they are worth. Let me know if you need pics, etc. I have the SkipHop, the Baby Sherpa and an old DIA (I bet I could get a friend to loan me the new one though, hmmmm). ;-)

If you want all of this in on bag, look at the Baby Sherpa. The coolor section has been a lifesaver for me with the food allergies and having to carry meals with us. The cooler would easily fit your food supplies, plus you could throw the burpcloths into a ziploc, or the umbrella even since it would not be an every day item, and put that in. The top section, I would put the dipes, wipes, change of clothes, paper towels. The front kangaroo pocket would easily hold the magnadoodle; the small ziploc, could go in a side zipper bag; water bottle in the mesh holder; one bottle into the insulated bottle holder for quick access. You would still have a tad of room in it. For hanging on the stroller, you could rig straps similar to what the Kiwi uses for its backpack, to attach it to the stroller. I could help ya out. ;-) The best part for me with the Sherpa is that carrying a bag with that much stuff in it was killing me. Even regular backpacks would hurt because once I put the food and kids stuff in it sunk to the bottom. I had found a small internal frame hiking pack that I figured I would try, but on a whim got the Sherpa.

If you are willing to split the stuff between two bags, here is how I would go about it. First off, I would get a seperate bag for the food stuff. An insulated lunch tote type thing, nothing real expensive and nothing really HUGE. I would put the following items on your list in there. -
*2* 8 oz Avent bottles of juice for Sophie
*1* 4 oz. Avent bottles for Mia
2 or 3 4 oz. glass Similac bottles for Mia
Little bags of pretzels and little tiny boxes of raisins for Sophie

Then in a diaper bag, (and if you split it like this, the SkipHop might be perfect since you wouldn't have to carry it, you could put it on the stroller; something like the LE DIA would also work in this capacity, it won't hold all the food stuff though easily) I would pack the following-
Inside-
12 dipes (6 for each)
Wipes (I am finding a large Ziploc freezer sack is handier these days then the wipes cases, I can fold it around the wipes so even if it is not completely zipped they don't dry out. I was loosing too many in the hard case.)
Travel sized roll of paper towels
Change of clothes (I always put a cotton footie PJ or T-shirt and leggings, nothing heavy weight that takes up tons of room, the PJs solve the no socks problems)

Zip pockets-
Small ziploc of Motrin, thermometer, etc.

Front outside pockets-
Burp rag or two in one
2 Avent Bottles (1 for each girl) in the other

Bottle Pocket-
Bottle of water for Mommy

These items I would work with your comfortablility from there on where they fit, maybe even in the back pockets?
Travel Magnadoodle
Travel umbrella for Mommy

firsttimemommy
01-09-2005, 12:43 AM
Just email her at [email protected] and ask her - I am sure she will work with you on price! She's a sweetie!!!!!

Ronda
Proud Mommy to 2 adorable munchkins - 1/03 and 4/04
"If you live to be 100, I want to live to be 100 minus one day, so I never have to live without you" ~ Winnie the Pooh

Marisa6826
01-09-2005, 12:13 PM
Kath-

You CRACK me up. So much detail!

The major catch is that I HATE backpacks. I don't like having to stuff everything in there and then unstuffing it to look for an item.

Plus, with my back, I can't carry it.

What's the deal with these Keccis? I know that the co-op is a nightmare, but that's about it.

I was kind of attracked to the Loom bags, but they seem like they have quality issues - lots of people saying they fall apart.

I soooo don't want to have to deal with this !

-m

momathome
01-09-2005, 02:44 PM
Hey, Marisa! The only Loom quality issues I have heard about have been with the Bandicoot - the Marsupial seems to get very favorable reviews and is a nice-sized bag for newborn/toddler use. Another one you may want to consider is the Timi and Leslie Large Bebe Bag - I got this through a co-op and seems to be the perfect size for newborn/toddler use, adjustable strap that can fit over a stroller handle, cool prints, comfy to carry, excellent quality. You should join the baby bags group if you haven't already - there are both Marsupials and T & L bags listed for sale there new with tags, along with at least one Kecci that I can think of. Take care!

MamaKath
01-09-2005, 05:08 PM
Hee-hee :-) Well you asked a question, the answer is in the details. ;-)

Sherpa Backpack- Can't help on the hate backpacks thing. I don't use one everyday, this is my long outings bag. I hang it on the stroller so I don't have to deal, lol. The reason I would recommend it over a different backpack would be it is actually comfortable to wear (and my back is not at all great after a few injuries) and it is divided so the food goes at the bottom and everything else at the top. No digging!

I know the Bandicoot had quality issues, but the Marsupail had strap pad issues. Other than that can't tell you much.

HTH~ :-)