PDA

View Full Version : bag organization: skip hop vs. kecci vs. alpha 7

knaidel
01-10-2005, 07:11 AM
I need a diaper bag, and at this point, I'm only buyng one (famous last words).
I'm considering either the kecci, Alpha 7 or fleurville.
Does anyone have any comments about the interior organization of these bags? The only one that I've ever seen IRL is the skip hop.
I haven't gone on any "trips" yet with my baby, (except to the pediatrician) so its hard for me to anticipate what I'll need to put in the bag: diapers, change of clothes, wipes, bottles of ebm, water for me, my wallet...

Thank you!
-Rachel

newmomto1
01-10-2005, 09:45 AM
I have 2 of the 3...the Skip Hop & A7.
For me (and I know I am in the minority) the SH is not big enough to use everyday (I wish it was!!). I guess it bothers me that it's so thin...I hate having to dig for my stuff in there. I do think it's really organized though & I like to use it as a stroller bag or for very short outings.
The A7 is very organized too (I love it!). You said you've seen the SH...so:
The A7 has:
1 insulated bottle pocket on the right inside (I actually use mine to hold snack cups right now)
I long "slip" pocket along the back (full length / heighth of the bag) that is perfect for changing pad & diapers (I also keep other "flatish" odds & ends in there)
Along the front there are 2 slip pockets...the one on the left I keep my wallet in. The one on the right is larger & fits the wipes case PERFECTLY (I also keep some traval size kleenex in there)
There is an exterior bottle pocket on each side of the bag, a large exterior slip pocket along the back (this is where the backpack straps are stashed...but there is room for other stuff too)
PLUS..3 small exterior pockets on the front of the bag that are perfect for things like a snack bar, cell phone, gum & mints, hand sanitizer, etc.
Once all my pockets are filled I still have the whole main compartment of the bag for clothes, burp cloth, bibs, my stuff.
Oh yeah...there is a carabiner key clip iside that is awesome. It is easy to use...I always clip my keys & DS toys to it & I never have to dig!!
I always feel super organized with my A7 & wish I would've known about it sooner.
Hopefully someone can compare the Kecci for you!
HTH...good luck!