PDA

View Full Version : She got in!!! She got in!!!

kseltmann
01-10-2005, 10:13 PM
I know I sound like a lunatic, but I feel that you all understand my lunacy. We found out today that Emily has been accepted to the "school" of our choice. It was a "reach" school (as they had very limited availability and are a private school) but in case she didn't make it, we had a "safety" school all lined up. I got to be honest, I didn't get this excited when I was accepted into College.
But lets get back to reality.
Emily has never gone to daycare of anykind. I am trying to put together a checklist of things we need. I know the school will tell me, but as much as I trust the new school, I trust my "mommies" more. Especially when the school owner was impressed with Emily's snack trap and her nuby cup (both things she had never seen before. When she inquired about these items, DH got all puffed up in his chair and declared that "MY WIFE FINDS ALL THESE GREAT THINGS FROM A GROUP SHE BELONGS TO ONLINE. SHE HAS ALL THESE PEOPLE WHO HELP EACHOTHER. I AM SO PROUD OF HER BECAUSE SHE CARES SO MUCH ABOUT EMILY THAT SHE WILL SIT AT THAT COMPUTER FOR HOURS EVERYNIGHT JUST RESEARCHING CUPS OR SOMETHING"
Thank you, Jeff. I guess that would not have been the best time to tell him that there are always threads about Desparate Housewives and Lost, and even a Days of Our Lives every now and again.
So, other than diapers and wipes, can anyone give me some ideas of what I will need to prepare for my princesses first day?
I did order the labels and iron on labels from Stuck on You. Grrr.
I will be responsible for her lunch most of the time (they have pizza fridays if she wants to participate.)
Does she need a bag? You know us BBB girls and our bags. Any excuse and I will get this kid her first WW bag.
What kind of clothes do you send your DC to school in? How many pairs of shoes do they have at 16 months?
Any advice would be appreciated.
You could PM me or email me at kseltmann AT yahoo.com if you would prefer not to post here.
Kathryn
Emily 9.24.03

http://lilypie.com/baby2/030924/3/4/3/-5/.png[/img][/url]