PDA

View Full Version : Stroller diaper bags other than the Skip Hop Duos?

mams99
01-11-2005, 09:23 AM
I've looked at the duos online (not IRL yet) and read several comments and the thing that worries me is that many people say it's too small for their needs.

I really would like a decent bag to have ON the stroller as carrying it on your shoulders all the time is a pain and stuffing it in the basket isn't always convenient.

I am due with a baby in May and I plan to breastfeed (like I did my son). So... in the beginning I need room for diapers, cream, wipes, dirty duds, clean duds, burp cloth, privacy shawl or scarf for breastfeeding, pacifier, my wallet, keys and cell phone, and possibly a snack for me...

Later, I'll have to have ALL of this, plus room for snacks for the little guy.

I don't tend to overstuff the bag - one simple outfit is fine, 2-3 diapers are fine... but as you can see, I mentioned quite a few things!!! Would all this fit in the Skip Hop Duo? If not, what would?

Melissa

Little boy due 5/1/05, big boy is 8.5!

ellies mom
01-11-2005, 04:53 PM
I keep all that stuff except the privacy shawl, plus a handful of toys and books in my Skip hop with no problems. I think if you tend not to overpack, the Skip hop will be fine. If anything, I think for me personally, it borders on bigger than I like, but I've always been a little purse kind of person.

AbbieF
01-11-2005, 05:35 PM
For me, the issue is that it's narrow and so I find myself digging through and having to take things out to find what I need. That being said, its the only bag that stays packed at all times and goes with us everywhere. I would also say I'm a heavy packer and my bag bulges with a dd who does everything big (eating, etc..) including still being a spitter. So the minimum in my skip hop is:
3 diapers, wipes, cream, bags for the dirties & changing pad, an Outfit, extra bib, and cloth diaper, 1 large Dr. Brown's bottle(sometimes 2) 2 cans of formula, 1-2 pacifiers, a soft book and another toy, a light blanket, Stain wipes for me, my wallet, phone, keys and chapstick.
Wow, that is a lot! :)
Plus being narrow is one of the best functions for hanging off the stroller. I've returned 2 other bags and have 3 others that never get used as diaper bags. I have a One Cool Chick on order that I can't wait for, I like the new Timuk 2, and I'm hoping for a new Skip Hop style this year.

Abbie
Mom to Maddie 4/17/04