PDA

View Full Version : I need a bigger bag--must be a messenger

crl
01-16-2005, 08:35 PM
Help me find a new diaper bag for my birthday. :-) I have a black canvas Alpha 7. I like that it's a messenger. I also like the looks. So, it's a nice bag, but I really need something a little bigger. (I'm a minimalist for myself, but I carry snacks, diapers, change of clothes, toys, etc for ds.)

My new bag must be a messenger. I am happy with black, but would consider other colors. Nothing too girly as dh will carry it too occasionally. And I'm a bit pattern-phobic so generally prefer solids.

I like the Timbuk2 bags, but would prefer something not quite so sporty I think.

I am willing to spend around $150 or so.

Suggestions? Thanks!

nd93
01-16-2005, 09:02 PM
How about a tumi? They have a baby messenger for $195 in black, or leaf or aubergine on sale for $119. If you go to tumi.com/catalogupgrade (adding the catalogupgrade to the end) you can get free 2nd day air shipping. Not as sporty looking as the timbuk2s, but solid (w/light blue interior) and nice looking.

lmariana
01-16-2005, 09:37 PM
The first bags that come to mind are the Black Nylon Timi and Leslie Large Bebe Bag, Loom Marsupial in black, Chelsey Henry Work to Play Baby bag, and I think Bumble bags makes a basic black messenger too.

The Marsupial doesn't fit everyone well messenger style, but it has the best bottle/sippy pockets out there, hands down! The Timi and Leslie has a fun print lining, which is pretty, but if you're pattern-phobic, may bug you.

Hope this gives you a nice starting point! Have fun!

Mariana
Owner of HappyDayBaby
Mother of Gabriel, 08/14/2003
www.heinzandmariana.com (personal site)

http://lilypie.com/baby2/030814/1/5/0/-5/.png[/img] ([img)

lisak
01-17-2005, 03:30 PM
Mariana,

Just curious, but what do you mean by the Marsupial not fitting everyone well. Do you need to be a certain size for it to fit comfortably?

I just bought a SkipHop, but am considering a Marsupial or T&L.

TIA!

lmariana
01-17-2005, 03:47 PM
Not really, it's a great bag on my shoulder, but when I wear it messenger style, it hits a tad high, even on it's longest setting. Also, since it's a more "formed" bag, it doesn't conform to my body, just sticks out. Anyhow, some people can wear it just fine! I'm 5'2" and have some "meat" on my "bones" (aka- fat on the gut). :)

I like the T&L better for wearing messenger style. It's also a tad larger than the Marsupial.

Does this help?

Mariana
Owner of HappyDayBaby dot com
Mother of Gabriel, 08/14/2003
www.heinzandmariana.com (personal site)

http://lilypie.com/baby2/030814/1/5/0/-5/.png[/img] ([img)

crl
01-17-2005, 07:43 PM
Thanks so much for all your great suggestions. I checked them all out, but the more I played with the custom Timbuk2 bags, the more I liked the idea. (Ended up with light green, gray, violet.) And I am keeping the Alpha 7 so if I really need something a bit less sporty I can still use it. . . . Plus, I went with a medium Timbuk2 so hopefully I should have PLENTY of space in there. I hate cramming things in a bag. I just hope I don't miss the bottle slot.

Thanks again for your suggestions--I had a lot of fun checking them all out for my birthday present. Shopping is half the fun, isn't it?