PDA

View Full Version : diaper bag to match red e3

mysweetboy
01-18-2005, 03:03 PM
I searched through past posts and saw that the red Skip Hop is a good match but has anyone tried the Charcoal Skip Hop? I think I'd like some contrast and would love to hear how they look together.

Also, does anyone use another diaper bag w/the e3? I'd actually prefer something prettier but can't imagine what pretty bag could really *go* w/this stroller.

Thanks!
Lori
mommy to Charlie, 8 months old!

priscilla73
01-18-2005, 06:04 PM
Hi Lori

I have a Red E3 and I bought the Red Skip Hop and I didn't like the match. It did not blend together well, IMO. Some people like it but for me, it was not close enough and looked odd. The different dye lots may also have something to do with it also. I sold my red one and bought the black one. The black has a black interior and while it looks nice on the E3, there is a bad black hole effect inside. If I had it to do over, I might have gotten the Charcoal. In fact, Charcoal was my 1st choice but the store was out of stock on that one.

I have the old style Land's End Little Tripper in red that matches REALLY good, perfect imo. And in case you haven't already figured out from my Skip Hop fiasco, I am really picky. It either matches perfect or it doesn't. I'm funny about red for some reason.

robmab719
01-18-2005, 06:21 PM
I use my red One Cool Chick messenger (www.onecoolchick.com) on my red e3 and the reds are slightly different, but it actually looks pretty good on there. Of course, the bag is so pretty, it would look good anywhere! I think the black medallion One Cool Chick would be really gorgeous with the red e3 as well.

Or, if you want something more casual/basic, maybe a red Bandicoot or Marsupial?

priscilla73
01-18-2005, 08:28 PM
Robyn,

A Black Medallion One Cool Chick! Now that's a thought! Do you think that would look good on a small bag? Since you have it in the Large, can you picture it in a small?

robmab719
01-19-2005, 10:37 AM
I have the red medallion in a large. I think the smaller medallion print would look great in a small, but the larger medallion print probably would not work on the smaller bag. I was tempted to get the black medallion for my second small, but I'm really trying not to add any more black bags to my collection!

mysweetboy
01-20-2005, 02:20 PM
Thanks Priscilla. I'm also picky (maybe a little too much!) and it would have bothered me if they didn't go well. I think I'll give the charcoal a try.

Thanks again!

Lori

mysweetboy
01-20-2005, 02:22 PM
Thanks Robyn. I'd definitely love something pretty so I may give this a try!

Lori