PDA

View Full Version : Sew Cute Boutique cart covers

Tina9544
01-18-2005, 09:43 PM
My daughter is 4 months old, and in that stage where she cant sit up on her own, and yet she has outgrown her infant carseat, which means in stores I either have to put her in a carrier/sling or in a stroller.

I have a shopping cart cover from DS but it is not at all padded. I am wondering if the ones from Sew Cute Boutique are padded enough to give her support to sit up, maybe with an extra blanket tucked in? I remember DS using his before he could completely sit on his own...
What do you think?

Thanks

dowlinal
01-19-2005, 10:06 AM
I used the sewcuteboutique cart cover before DD could sit on her own with extra blankets and the pillow it comes with for support. It has a lot of padding and when Madeline was smaller she used to lean to the side on the pillow and nap. I love love love my cover and Cathy is amazing to work with. She will come up with a fabric to match anything.

HTH!
A

robmab719
01-19-2005, 10:28 AM
I was in exactly your situation when my DD was 4 months. We got a SewCuteBoutique cover and it has been wonderful. The padding helped cushion her, and the pillow that comes with it was perfect for providing some extra support to prop her up. It also allowed us to sit her in the wooden restaurant highchairs because all the padding formed kind of a hammock that kept her upright, even though she wasn't sitting up on her own yet.

Now that she's bigger, we prefer a cover with a little less padding, but from about 4-12 months, the SewCuteBoutique was perfect!

babymama
01-19-2005, 11:40 AM
These covers are so cushy and padded AND they come with a pillow! So you could easily prop up your DD with the pillow. my favorite part of the sew cute boutique cover is that I got to pick out my own fabric!

Lydia
Mama to Santiago, born 11/16/03

dowlinal
01-19-2005, 01:16 PM
Lydia,

I totally agree about the fabric. For some reason Madeline has always loved hippos and Cathy made me a hippo cover that is so cute. She even found the fabric for me.

A