PDA

View Full Version : first-time mom looking for 2 great diaper bags - please help!

skohng
01-19-2005, 12:47 PM
hi all,

after websurfing and reading all these posts, i'm so confused!

i'm a first-time mom, EDD april 10, and i'm looking for 2 bags:

1) big bag to pack according to my FTM "just-in-case-it-snows-in-june" tendencies, preferably messenger-bag style
2) smaller bag for quick trips, errands, etc, preferably tote

i'll also be breastfeeding, so hopefully that'll save some space.

i'm looking at the land's end DIA, LE tote, the llbean diaper bag, or the skip hop, or anything else you recommend. my budget is up to $60 for each. i love the look of sally spicer and others, but can't justify spending that much.

so if you had to recommend 2 perfect diaper bags, what would they be?

TIA!
selena

writeleigh
01-19-2005, 05:26 PM
The bags you are thinking of are supposed to be quite good from what I understand. You might also want to consider (for your big, do-it-all bag) the Kalencom. It's slightly bigger than the Fleurville Mothership, but in your price range (and people here who have one seem to like it).

Scroll down the page to the Kalencom flap messenger-style bags:

http://store.yahoo.com/babyride/diaper-bags.html

jamsmu
01-20-2005, 12:55 PM
When DS was new, I had the LE DIA. It was great in the beginning--perfect for your "snow in June" scenarion. We use it now when travelling as his travel/overnights bag.

just got the SKIP*HOP and I think that will be wonderful. The Kecci is nice, too, for a big bag that is low cost. Basically, its what you pay for, but I love the waterproof interior.

As for a tote, I would keep an eye on e-bay. Its where I end up getting totes for gifts. I didn't start using at\ tote until DS was about 6 months, but definitely could have used it from about 3 months on. I also recommend the LE diaper tote (my first tote). Its a great, practical bag.