PDA

View Full Version : WDW

Ami
01-20-2005, 12:12 AM
Hi,

I know this isn't the right forum but the Toddler everything Disney doesn't appear to be working and I know that a lot of you folks are regulars. Looking to go to WDW in May, stay on site DH, DD & myself for a few days and wondering what resort you recommend. Disney also has a special on for families of 4 $1500 for 6 nights , 7 days. Please any advice you can give on doing WDW and the best spots to stay, are meal programs worthwhile, etc.

Thanks,

Ami

lmariana
01-20-2005, 12:20 AM
We love the Beach and Yacht Club / Boardwalk area! It's walking distance to Epcot, you can take a boat to MGM, and then there's buses to Animal Kingdom and the Magic Kingdom. The Beach and Yacht Club has THE best pool complex though, hands down! May is a great month to visit!

Mariana
Owner of HappyDayBaby
Mother of Gabriel, 08/14/2003
www.heinzandmariana.com (personal site)

http://lilypie.com/baby2/030814/1/5/0/-5/.png[/img] ([img)

MeredithsMom
01-20-2005, 10:08 AM
sorry no caps . . . meredith is helping

you should definitely check out www.mousesavers.com for saving tips and www.disboards.com for great disney message boards

many times it is more economical to buy your own food a la carte, though the meal plan package that came out this year is a better value than in years past. also, dh and i have always saved on our longer trips by having one person in the group by an annual pass and then getting a discount on the room. we are staying at the wilderness lodge in april and will save over one thousand on the room, while the pass costs just 200 more than the regular 7 day ticket

hope this helps

kelly ann
01-20-2005, 10:37 AM
Ami-

We stayed at the Hyatt and the Polynesian. The Hyatt was absolutely beautiful and we were able to take DS down the smaller water slide - he loved it.

The Polynesian is in need of an update, but the location is awesome on the monorail and the pool was great. It had a zero depth/wading area so we could let DS wander in the pool while we just sat on the floor of the pool. At the Hyatt we always had to hold him in our arms. We now realize that we will sacrifice the newness of a hotel (Hyatt) if the pool is more toddler friendly (Polynesian).

My recommendation for eating is to make sure you get reservations at Disney places...we figured it wasn't necessary during the month of October, but we were wrong.