PDA

View Full Version : Caden Lane??

princessw
01-20-2005, 10:20 AM
Does any one have or have you seen the new Caden Lane diaper bags IRL? I just came across them and think they are very classy looking. I was just wondering about functionality and how they are designed on the inside... Any info is greatly appreciated!! I have a 2 yr old and another due in May so looking for a bag to accomodate.

Thanks!
Marie

NewmomKim
01-20-2005, 02:07 PM
I just saw these IRL today. Absolutely adorable.

The outside is a microfiber material that seems like it would hold up well and the inside is a striped pattern that is covered with vinyl. I believe there are 2 pockets inside for diapers and wipes. No built in bottle pockets but it comes with an insulated bottle holder that is detached; changing pad and extra vinyl zipper pouch also in there.

The messenger style was not huge but a good size with easy access inside the bag and I believe 1 or 2 velcro pockets on the front. It also has bows on either end outside of the 2 external pockets - not sure if they were big enough for a bottle - don't remember. I was concerned that the ribbon would frey very easily.

The bag that looks like a bowling bag is essentially the same size as the messenger but zips at the top and is much harder to get to the inside.

I didn't see the tote but they are going to call when it comes in.

Hope that helps some. I really spent only 5 minutes with them.

Kim

txmomtobe
01-20-2005, 11:30 PM
I asked the same question last week and didn't receive a response. I saw the Kane which is the one that looks like a purse and I loved it. The inside is vinyl and the outside is microfiber. The inside has two pockets and a zipper pocket. The outside has two pockets for bottles and two smaller pockets. It looked really stylish and like it would hold up. The Kane is black with blue. I'm 5'1 so I'm having a hard time finding a bag that doesn't look too big on me. I would compare the overall size to the marsupial but I think I could fit more in the marsupial.

masetane
01-20-2005, 11:45 PM
Where did you see these bags? I have never heard of them!
Caroline
http://fool.exler.ru/sm/ma.gif
Isabelle 10/1/00
Nicholas 2/27/03

princessw
01-21-2005, 07:14 AM
You can see them at http://www.cadenlaneco.com/. A girlfriend mentioned that a shop on the far side of town carries them, but they are about an hour from my house, so I thought I would ask anyone else first. :) I think they are just adorable, but not sure if they are as practical/functional as some of the other bags.

holliam
01-21-2005, 11:20 AM
Hey one of the bags is named after my DH "Liam" so that means I should get it.. LOL

Holli

NewmomKim
01-27-2005, 02:29 PM
I saw the Caden Lane tote bags today IRL. Again, very cute with lots of great pockets inside and out and a zippered top. Access inside was not too bad. The thing that turned me off was that the straps are just too short. If you weren't wearing a coat, maybe, but it's 10 degrees here and there's no way that it was going to fit over my shoulder in the coat.

It's a bummer because they have great style without going overboard.

Kim

nfowife
01-28-2005, 01:45 PM
I saw these bags in person a few weeks ago and have been in love ever since. I think I might go with the Kane, it is $$$ but not more than my everyday purse and I figure I'll use this as my purse when I'm out with baby anyhow, you know? It seems very practical and I like the shorter straps because I'm short and I prefer shoulder bags anyhow. I'd love to hear from someone who actually has one though! I know they are new so not many have them.

jenniferh
01-28-2005, 02:56 PM
I really love the look of these bags - very classy! The web-site oesn't note where you can buy them so I'd have no idea where to look (except for the local baby stores/boutiques). How much are the bags (before I go down the road of hunting one down and finding out it's more than I want to spend)?

Thanks, Jen

nfowife
01-28-2005, 05:30 PM
Jen,
The Kane I saw in the boutique was $130, and I found it online by doing a google search for $124. So I assume her other bags are similar in $$$.

JennsBabySky
01-29-2005, 12:06 AM
expressivetoys.com has it. They have the best customer service (I just ordered the essential sling bag and had it in 2 days!)