PDA

View Full Version : Safeline Kids Timberline tote review

RiaHannam
01-20-2005, 02:02 PM
Hi everyone,

I haven't been here in awhile but I wanted to post about this bag. I just got it. I think it may have been reviewed in the past and I've been eyeing it for some time. I ordered my son a new backpack on eBags and they were having a sale so I decided to try the Timberline bag too.

It's so wonderful! It's not that big - I'd say a tad narrower than the old Similac black hospital bag. It holds way more than you'd ever expect. It opens like a Dr. bag (similar to the new LE DIA). It has 2 side bottle pockets and a back slip pocket that has a small patch of velcro. I put disposable table liners and a huggie changing pad in there. There are two short tote handles with velcro wrap (probably not necessary) and a long strap that is adjustable for over the shoulder w/ a sliding shoulder pad. The strap clips from the front right of the bag to the left back of the bag. You can wear it messenger style also (strap is approx 47" long at max from clip to clip). The zipper on the top is heavy duty, though it only opens from right to left. Everything looks very well reinforced and sturdy. Material is a nylon - similar to the Ameribag tote. The front has a zip off section perfect for mama's things - and it's roomy enough for even MY wallet! That part has a long shoulder strap (~42")a front pocket for cellphone, mesh pocket, double-zip opening top with several little pockets and such for organization. I can't believe it actually works for me as my little bag to just zip-off and go! When you zip it off the main bag has a mesh zipped pouch in that area. Inside the main bag are double mesh slip pockets where I keep the wipe container in one, and 3 size 4 diapers in the other. The other side has a long mesh pouch with a small velcro patch closing in the center. I have several snacks in that portion. That's it for inside organization. In the main part of the bag I have a fleece hat, bib and duds bag with lots of room available. The inside is the same color as the outside but it doesn't have a black hole effect due to the way it opens so widely. Very roomy. It comes with a funky small shaped changing pad that is housed inside a zip bag which would be perfect for a diry duds bag. The changing pad is a little strange and I just took it out - I prefer the Huggies pads anyway.

The color is nice. It's a muted gray-blue (steel blue) with black trim. It also comes in all black (tagged Skyline instead of Timberline). I love the look of this bag - very outdoorsy. If that's your style too I think you will like it. And a man can carry this with no hesitations!

I also have the Ameribag tote which I love but wanted to try something more compact - this fills that need.
If by chance I have time to take pics of it I will. But till then check out this link to see more photos and descriptions. If you have any questions just let me know!
http://www.ebags.com/safeline_kids/timberline_diaper_tote/product_detail/index.cfm?modelid=9224