PDA

View Full Version : first time mom diaper bag- help please!

dmr1818
01-20-2005, 02:18 PM
Hi -
I am hoping to get some advice in looking for a diaper bag for a newborn.

I have heard great things about petunia pickle bottom- can anyone confirm?

I think I really need something with an adjustable strap (which the mothership does not have) as I am 5 ft tall and would rather not be overwhelmed by the bag.

Thanks for the insights!

kylesmom
01-20-2005, 08:38 PM
Hi! I don't know much about the Petunia Pickle Bottoms other than I may want one. However I have a 3 1/2 month old and needed a big bag that didn't overwhelm me as well. I took some suggestions from this board as well as the diaper bag swap board and did some research and I got a Loom Marsupial that I will use for short trips and a Timi and Leslie Large Bebe bag that I will use for longer outings. The T&L fits a lot without looking huge or being overwhelming. I am really liking that one. My Marsupial is great for shorter trips and has great organization and great bottle pocket.

HTH

audys
01-21-2005, 09:57 PM
The Petunia Picklebottoms are beautiful but DRY CLEAN ONLY. My girlfriend had one but took it back because the fabric was not holding up well.

If you like that look, I'd strongly recommend the Kecci bags - they're a medium sized, cute and can be a messenger bag or backpack. They're also machine washable and (in my opinion) a lot more practical, useful and just as pretty as the PP. They cost $40-60.

Happy shopping,

Audrey, mother to Graham

http://lilypie.com/baby1/050210/3/15/1/+10/.png (http://lilypie.com)

mams99
01-21-2005, 10:21 PM
I saw Kecci's today and I wasn't overly impressed. To me they look like the material would snag on things quite easily and get stringy. Plus, the material just looks "cheap".

I haven't seen the Petunia Pickle Bottoms, so I can't comment on that, but I don't think the Kecci's Don't LOOK more than the $40 to $60 they sell for and I would REALLY be careful with how they are used. I would seriously worry about damage if any velcro came into contact with it!

But that's just my 2 cents!

Melissa

June Mommy
01-21-2005, 10:40 PM
I have a PPB and am also 5 ft. tall so maybe I can help! Here are some pros/cons (IMHO):
Pros:
They are beautiful! I always get compliments when I carry it. And I also loved the adjustable strap. It has 4 bottle pockets, too. I loved the pockets inside the changing pad area, they are the perfect size for diapers and a wipes case. It's definitely big enough to carry anything you need.
Cons:
I was not able to wear it comfortably as a backpack, though I do like it messenger-style. But it is BIG, especially on a small frame. I mistakenly thought the changing pad could be removed and therefore washed, but it only zips out to fold out. It does not come off the bag, so the dry-clean only factor kept me from actully using the changing pad. Also, there is only one small pocket on the inside (aside from the bottle pockets), not good if you like a lot of compartments for organization.

Hope this helps! I found that I just kept going back to my Nine West bag, so I am selling my PPB. But they are beautiful!

audball
01-21-2005, 11:40 PM
Don't have a PPB, but I think the newer version has a changing pad that is removable...just wanted to add that :).