PDA

View Full Version : My Chesters came...bad news & good news.....

newmomto1
01-20-2005, 06:13 PM
I originally ordered the the Black & White Nylon classic (which I was really on the fence about the pattern) & the Pink Stripe backpack . But then...when the new bags were added to the sale page I called to see if my order went out yet. It hadn't so they were kind enough to let me switch my classic to the Multi Stripe.
I have been VERY EAGERLY awaiting the arrival of my new bags.
In the meantime I had started to think maybe I should've gone with the Florette instead of the Multi Stripe.

So....today my box from Chester arrived....YAY!!!!!!!!!!
I ripped it open & could hardly wait to see my new bags..

The Bad News:

The first thing I saw was the Black & White Nylon....no Multi Stripe....wahhhhhhhhhhh!

Before I called Chester I quickly unloaded my LL Bean Bag & proceeded to fill up first the backpack (very cute BTW)....& then the classic diaper bag.

I have to confirm what everyone has already stated:
It is absolutely amazing how much these seemingly smallish bags can hold!!!! I fit everything that was in my large LL Bean into each of these bags! Yay!!

NOW...it's time to call Chester...

The Good News:

I spoke with Roseanne (such a sweetie!!) & explained what happened. She immediately remembered me & our conversation to change my order. Without hesitation she informed me she would have UPS come to my home, pick up the bag & take care of having the new one sent (I don't even have to leave the house?? WOW!!)

As we were talking I mentioned I had been eyeing the Florette & now couldn't decide if maybe I should go for that one instead. Guess what she's doing (OMG...so nice...) She is sending me BOTH bags so that I can see them in person & then letting me send back the one I don't want.

Also...in my box were some nice extra gifts. Cosmetic bag (2), & some bath cloths.

Chester CS gets a big A+ from me!!!!!

:-)

writeleigh
01-20-2005, 06:22 PM
That's awesome customer service :) Glad to hear you like the bags- you'll have to post pisc soon :D

audball
01-20-2005, 06:40 PM
I know, aren't they the greatest? :) When I had a small problem (small frayed piping) with my sale backpack at the last sale in December, Tiffany offered me ANY bag on their website (including the non-sale ones!) for the same price. I'm kicking myself now for not getting the Blackberry (heehee), but I just loved the Asian print too much to not get that.

Same thing with me: she offered to send me two bags so I could make a decision. Whichever one I didn't want, they would pick up at no charge to me. Tiffany was very concerned that I would have my bag before our vacation, so she sent the replacement out before even receiving my original (via express service)!

In addition, the Large Diaper Insert I had ordered had sold out. It was on their sale page for $29. She replaced it (per my OK) with a large, zippered folding cosmetic bag - which was not on sale. The price of my replacement was higher ($39) than what I had paid!

The fact that they are willing to bend over backwards (and sideways) to satisfy their customers is what makes me a life-long fan of Chester. I *always* tell my friends about their bags.

I'm glad they took care of you. Enjoy your bags and post pics when you can (for those of us living vicariously through you :))!