PDA

View Full Version : Chester Bag question

KrisM
01-21-2005, 08:34 AM
I am rethinking what I want based on the suggestions in my last post. Now, I am thinking of getting a Chester Classic bag. I found a cute mini-purse at Target that would hold my money, credit cards, and cell phone. I would just need a make-up bag or something for the other misc. stuff that is currently in my purse. This means, I don't need as many outside pockets as I was thinking.

So, back to Chester. Originally, I ruled them out because I am fairly conservative with colors/patterns of things. Boring, really. I decided I need to be a little more adventurous. I am not interested in the flowers or stripes, but the black/white nylon classic looks good. Does anyone have this pattern? Is it pretty tame?

Also, I notice most of the other patterns are covered in vinyl. This one is just nylon. Will I regret that? I'm not sure I like the shiny vinyl look, which is another reason the black/white appeals to me.

How long do these take to get?

thanks again,

audball
01-21-2005, 09:45 AM
I can't speak about black/white nylon tote (I only have the backpack - yet!), but I have the Asian Print Nylon Backpack and I've really loved the fabric. It's really easy to manage and looks good despite being out in the rain or being tossed around. I'm awaiting the Mom tote (I have the cosmetic bag with similar print and it's pretty cool looking without being too cute-sy), which is also nylon.

If you do an advanced search for "Chester" or Chester review" (make sure to hit "and" button), I think someone here had a small cosmetic bag in that print. It looked very conservative and not cute-sy at all. Also, you could try doing a google or yahoo search for that print name and see if other on-line vendors have a slightly better picture.

From what I have heard, the vinyl coating on the Chesters aren't that shiny. It probably would depend on your tastes (I find the Motherships quite shiny, the T&Ls less so), but I think if you love the print, you should use that as your guide as opposed to shiny vinyl or not. You can always return and exchange - Chester has excellent customer service and really want to see their folks happy :).

ETA: I think it takes between 7-10 business days if you use the free shipping option (10% discount and free ship with JAN05 in the Comments section when ordering). At the last sale, I did expedited shipping and it took 3 business days.

newmomto1
01-21-2005, 10:47 AM
I received the Black & White Nylon by mistake...it's already packed up to go back to Chester, sitting on my porch waiting for UPS.
But, I can tell you it looks just like the website pics.
The nylon fabric was really nice!
As far as being "tame"..well, yes & no. I mean color wise it is (b/c it's just b & w)...but it does have the little white flowers all over it, so in that respect it's kind of busy.
Does that make sense??
I thought it was a really nice looking bag...just not what I ordered.
HTH

KrisM
01-21-2005, 11:36 AM
Thanks. I wasn't positive that they were white flowers. The photo on the website is a tad blury. Since the flowers are organized instead of random, I'll probably think it's okay. I wish they had just a nice red or something.

I think I'll go ahead and order it.