PDA

View Full Version : OK, I saw the MS Fleurville IRL and I have to ask... what's the craze for?

mams99
01-21-2005, 03:37 PM
While I think the fabric choices are cool, I think they feel heavy and bulky and aren't easy to use as it's "crunchy". AND... I find the interior organization cheaply done. So, why the $150 price tag? And why do people buy them? Am I missing something?

I think the Kalencoms and the Keccis were just as functional and the Kalencoms (some models) were even more attraction. (This was at my local BuyBuyBaby store).

The escape pod is cool - I just wish it had more of a carry strap than the two little handles. Like you have hands free when carrying a baby or pushing a stroller.

Can someone explain the appeal? Or is it just a high priced celebrity fad?

A tad disappointed!

Melissa

25 weeks 4 days with a little boy, big boy is 8.5!

SteelerFan
01-21-2005, 03:47 PM
Well, I love my Mss! I don't find them too heavy, a bit bulky, yes, but easy to use. The interior organization to me is great--I love all of the pockets--the large pocket in the back keeps a LOT of my loose papers, baby books, etc, diaper sacks--I'm a heavy packer and this bag has been able to fit everything I need in it with ease. I also had a Kecci--and while it was nice, it wasn't nearly as big as the MS--but if I wasn't able to buy the MS, this bag would be a great alternative. The only issue I've really had with the bag is the vinyl issues. I love the color choices--and I think the vinyl was a great attraction in the beginning because the bag stayed clean. Although from what Catherine said, the vinyl has been too much of a problem and they are re-desinging the bags.

It was never a high priced celebrity fad for me as I know of NO celebrity that totes around a MS--I bought mine based on people's opinions of how functional and big the bag was!

I also have an Escape Pod but have yet to use it--to me it's more of a older baby/toddler type of 'run to the store quickly' bag--the handles don't bother me.

I'm a big bag lover--not into the smaller models YET.

JMHO

Amy
2 DDs
DS-8/9/04