PDA

View Full Version : What is the best Diaper Backpack?

Buddha Baby
01-21-2005, 03:44 PM
HI,

I really have my heart set on getting a diaper backpack. But which one? I see that it sppears Lands End is phasing out theirs (it's listed on the Overstock website, but not with regular merchandise). I like the Baby Sherpa, but the price is a bit nuts. Does anyone have any suggestions for a good backpack style diaper bag? Thanks.

Tracy

EDD#1 7/1/05

P.S. I am also eyeing the new LL Bean Diaper bag. I kept checking to see if they made one and had struck out until today when I read the awesome review of it on this board. But, backpack style is still top of my list. : )

nd93
01-21-2005, 04:00 PM
Depends on what kind of look you want. A lot of people here rave about Chester backpacks, esp their fabulous customer service. But they can be girly looking. For something that your husband will also want to carry, we have a Kelty diaper backpack. We also have a Kelty carrier, so it's nice being able to attach this to it. But even on its own, it holds a lot, has a messenger strap to carry it that way, the backpack straps are nicely padded and tuck into a pouch when not in use, the parent pouch in front is great (when we took this bag to WDW I didn't even take a purse, I just used this pouch), the side bottle pockets are HUGE - we easily fit 2 water bottles in each of them.

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/20218.jpg

audys
01-21-2005, 09:44 PM
Hi Tracy,

I LOVE my diaper backpacks!!

Depends on your use which bag would fit:

The LE backpack is LARGE, comfortable and perfect for long trips and airline travel. It's not cute but practical. Too bad the avail colors are limited now. It has a nice large diaper pad and a small purse that comes with it.

A good medium sized backpack are the Kecci bags - they are softer fabric and can be either messenger or backpack. The fabric is machine washable, the bags are reasonable ($40-60) and the bags are very pretty. These bags are a little floppy and they are moderately comfortable (the straps are not padded).

A fantastic small and attractive backpack (perfect for errand running - a little small if you pack a lot of food, clothes for a long day) are the Chester handbag bags ($60 on sale, currently special is going on with free shipping and I think 15% off - look at other recent posts). Comfortable and hold a lot more than you'd think...

I have a Timi and Leslie backpack (medium sized, ~$150) that I received for x-mas. It's attractive and very comfortable to wear. The changing pad that comes w/it is SMALL so I'm using the LE pad in it. Good thing it was a gift though because I think it's pricy...

The Fleurville A7 can be a backpack but I think it's uncomfortable.

Kate Spade just came out with a backpack too - its smaller and not as comfortable as the LE or Timi & Leslie to me.

Happy shopping!

Audrey, mother to Graham

http://lilypie.com/baby1/050210/3/15/1/+10/.png (http://lilypie.com)

lmariana
01-22-2005, 12:36 AM
Hi Tracy! I think the perfect diaper backpack really depends on your personal preference/style, amount of stuff you carry, and price point. Here are a few of my faves!

Functional: Baby Sherpa (Really Large), Shorthaul Sherpa (Med/Large)- the prices may seem high, but you can usually find a great deal on Ebay or the Babybags group. These bags have tons of great organization, are really well-design and constructed, plus have the built-in insulated cooler compartment, prefect for carrying around expressed breast milk, formula, milk, snacks, etc. I love the detachable, insulated bottle/sippy holders. You can detach them from the bag and attach them to your stroller.

Pretty: Timi and Leslie Diaper Backpack (Large) and Chester Handbags (Medium)- both really great bags and very pretty! The T&L offers a little more internal organization and an insulated bottle holder. The Chester Bag has less pockets, but will still hold a whole lot. I find the T&L more comfortable to wear for longer periods of time. Again, the prices may seem high, but you can always get a great deal on Ebay or Babybags.

You amy also want to consider that Fleurville is planning to release a new diaper backpack this summer, which I'm really excited about!

The most comfortable bag I've ever tried is the Baby/Shorthaul Sherpa. Really great!

I hope this helps a bit!

Mariana
Owner of HappyDayBaby
Mother of Gabriel, 08/14/2003
www.heinzandmariana.com (personal site)

http://lilypie.com/baby2/030814/1/5/0/-5/.png[/img] ([img)

jp96
01-22-2005, 11:37 AM
Hi,

I just ordered the backpack from LE and it seems really nice. Insulated side bottle pockets. They still have black, teal, red, and burgundy. I ordered the black, red, and teal to see which ones I liked in person and I ended up keeping the teal. The black is sort of luggage-like.