PDA

View Full Version : Question re One Cool Chick Small Messenger

annasmom
01-21-2005, 08:42 PM
Hi, I am thinking about ordering an OCC small messenger and was wondering if someone who has one could tell me what can fit inside -- it appears pretty small from the pictures that I have seen. TIA!

AbbieF
01-21-2005, 09:27 PM
I just got a small one and a large one and I do love them- I think they're beautiful. The small is really small and if I had to do it again, I would have gotten 2 large bags instead. I did opt for the bottle pocket and that does take up room. Right now, I'm using it as a purse- hey, I had to work this week and I needed a little cheering up. As a purse this week I carried a full bag containing: a mini-size wallet, cell phone, check book, 3 lipsticks, mints, 3 clementine oranges and a snack bag of nuts and dried fruit, a water bottle,a novel(lunch time is my only opportunity to read) and keys.

That being said, this would be the quick running an errand bag probably fitting - wipes, a diaper or two, bottle in the pocket or snacks, a burp cloth, binky and your wallet and maybe a book or something small. Probably once DD is older, it will get more use as a baby/diaper bag.

It does also have a great key fob/hook. There are 2 pockets under the flap, but I can't get my hand into them. Caroline said they were for things like pda, maybe something that would stick out . The quality and fabrics are just unbelievable. The workmanship is meticulous, the contrasting/accent fabric of the pockets are also beautiful and so hip. The stap is very sturdy and secure and is definitely long enough to wear messenger style- even over my winter coat as I ran errands today in -6 degree weather!
I can't encourage you enough to get a One Cool Chick bag, the only question is what size.

Abbie
Mom to Maddie 4/17/04

annasmom
01-22-2005, 11:34 AM
Thanks Abbie! The bags sound beautiful! I have already ordered a large messenger (coming next week - I cannot wait!), but there is another fabric that I really love. I really don't "need" another large bag, so I think I may go for the small. Thanks again!

boogiemom
01-22-2005, 11:55 AM
I am interested in the smaller OCC bag as well but haven't found any info on the current co-op. Does anyone know the details on that? I tried to sign up for the yahoo bags group but haven't received my email that says I'm in yet. Please someone tell me "the scoop"! Are the prices really a lot better? Thanks for any and all info!

priscilla73
01-22-2005, 12:24 PM
The info to the One Cool Chick Group Discount is posted on the BabyBags board.

You can join the group here:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/babybags/

mams99
01-22-2005, 01:10 PM
But don't you have to have over 75 posts and be a member here for a specified time to be accepted? From what I read on the yahoo group, it's a somewhat exclusive coop. Am I wrong?

Melissa

priscilla73
01-22-2005, 01:32 PM
Nope...there are NO requirements to join the Babybags group. See ya there!

ETA: The one you are referring to is the sister board - Diaper Bag Discounts, and yes there are a few requirements to that board.

priscilla73
01-22-2005, 01:34 PM
I have the small and use it as a toddler bag. I can fit a diaper or 2, a wipes case (the soft ones work well or a ziploc) my wallet, cell phone, a sippy and a few snacks.

I mainly use mine as a purse because it is just so pretty!

burkesilver
01-22-2005, 01:36 PM
Great reviews, I'm so excited for the large messenger I've got on order. Any ideas when they are coming out with their totes?

priscilla73
01-22-2005, 01:38 PM
The tote and is due to make its debut on the website around Valentine's Day! I'm looking forward to seeing the new line as well!

priscilla73
01-22-2005, 09:05 PM
Here's a link to my review and pics..HTH

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_mesg&forum=63&topic_id=18878&mesg_id=18878&page=

lpl47
01-26-2005, 11:12 AM
I'm also looking for the info on the One cool Chick Group Discount and have tried to join the BabyBags board to learn more, but my membership is awaiting approval by the group owner. Is it possible for someone to e-mail me the information about the discount and then I can contact Caroline at One Cool Chick. I'm very excited about ordering a small messenger, but I think the group discount is only good until January 31st, so I want to order it ASAP!!!

Thanks for your help.
I can be reached directly at [email protected]

Lesley