PDA

View Full Version : Tell me about the Loom Bandicoot! Organization? Comfort?

mams99
01-22-2005, 09:41 AM
Still on my quest for a "not so big" bag. These look pretty cute and I like that they can be a backpack or a shoulder bag.

But what I can't see ANYWHERE online is HOW it is organized inside! Is it a black pit? Is it a nice color interior?

And... how easy (or difficult) is it to detach the little purse? Is the purse worth anything by itself? How much does it hold? Any "real" organization to it?

And... those side bottle holders - what sizes will they hold? Can you put sippy cups in them? Are they easy to retrieve if you do (since they look like black holes)?

Thanks!

Melissa

25 weeks 5 days and sick as a dog with this #($*!$@ cold!!!

audball
01-22-2005, 10:34 AM
If you do an advanced search on loom bandicoot (make sure you press the "and" button), you should find a lot of "dialogue" on the bag. They are very cute, but some people have found them to be a little uncomfortable as a backpack (they can dig into shoulders, depending on how tall you are). I *think* the interior had one large backpocket in the back and two interior pockets. I stole a picture from the diaperbag board (I think it's Mariana's photo - thanks Mariana! Your pics are always awesome references :)).

The black has a dark khaki interior, the Robin's Egg Blue has a light blue interior, and the red has a reddish interior (I think). The purse doesn't hold a lot unless you are a really light packer. I had trouble fitting more than my small cellphone, small wallet, and keys. Also, I had issues with how the joey purse "flapped" against my back as I walked. The purse detaches with two snaps. No organization in the joey clutch really.

The side bottle holders are awesome. This is a feature that is shared with the Marsupial. They can easily accomodate the Avent bottles (9 oz.) and any sippy cup. The cups/bottles sit nicely on top and Loom has the best bottle holders I have seen so far.

I would encourage you to do a search on the topic. There are a lot of opinions out there in terms of comfort, amount it can hold, durability, etc. I briefly owned a black/moss but returned it because I worried about the clutch on the exterior. Great idea though and adorable bag!

ETA: Argh! I edited the message because I think I accidently downloaded a Marsupial interior. i will try again with the Bandicoot interior. Sorry!

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/20256.jpg