PDA

View Full Version : Which color LLBean bag should I get?

vikivoly
01-23-2005, 03:16 AM
I think the LLBean bag is what I've been looking for, I just wished they had better color choices. It will be my primary bag. All of my other bags are black and I was hoping to spice things up a bit, but you can hardly call the blue spicey. :) My strollers are both red and I have 2 girls. I'm not a diaper bag collector, so this will hopefully be my last bag. I know the black will work best and I actually like the looks of it better, but I already have 3 black bags. Will the lime green interior be enough to satisfy my desire for something different?

kfcboston
01-23-2005, 08:07 AM
Hmmmmm, good question! I agree - the color choices are obviously woeful. Bummer. I do think that lime is pretty spicy, and you admit to liking the black better even though part of you doesn't want to. :-)

Good luck!

carolshi
01-23-2005, 08:12 AM
I ordered the black. The lime accents add a nice touch! If you want something more fun-looking you might want to go with a different bag altogether, since neither color is too jazzy! I have tons of black too though!

Good luck deciding!

Carol

Kimberly H
01-23-2005, 08:48 AM
Vicki, could you get it monogrammed in the lime color for a little more spice?

I know what you mean though. My red Ameribag tote has been my workhorse and I think I'm going back to the Little Tripper as my everyday bag since Mia's getting older. Neither is very "hey, look at me" and I just can't see spending lots of $ on a zippy looking bag when it won't last around here very long with my baby-turned-toddler.

Hmmm... maybe I need a snazzy toddler tote for church and such? ;)

AbbieF
01-23-2005, 10:16 AM
The black will match everything and maybe you can "spice it up" yourself. What about getting a snap on carrier for your cell phone in a fun bright color (I've seen them lots of places) or I wonder if any of the timbuk2 pocket accessories would work on the strap? Or what about adding some trim,maybe just a nice wide ribbon or printed trim to the center of the strap? You probably could get one of the special glues or iron-on stitch witchery tape and then you wouldn't even have to sew it. Just a thought.

Abbie
Mom to Maddie 4/17/04

annabellesmom
01-23-2005, 11:49 AM
I was planning on spicing up the black one for a shower gift with a few iron on patches. There are lots to chose from at craft and fabric shops. When I get it done I'll post a pic. I still haven't ordered the bag yet so it might be a little while.

Mikesa3
01-23-2005, 01:24 PM
I agree with the other posters.Get the black and maybe give it some color with trim or how about tying a colorful scarf on it? It's hard to decide but I think I'm going with the blue and get my initial on the flap.If the black had pink lining I'd get that.I love black and pink together.
Nancy-Mom to 6 great kids

Toba
01-23-2005, 01:31 PM
I have the black one. This bag has several zippers (two zipper pulls for each zipper too) and I like to make jewelry. So I figure that I'm going to make some really pretty zipper pulls with some lime green and silver beads. I'll post pictures when I get it done. I think it should give the right amount of personality for me (who is plain and boring) and I love green anyway.

~Kimberly Anne~
Noah Nevan, March 12, 2004
*the light of my life*

masetane
01-23-2005, 02:54 PM
You could also adhere grograin ribbons in all sort of colors/patterns with fabric glue!! I did that to a tote for my kids for Halloween and it's held up for 3 years now!! I love this new terminology "spicing it up". Like how it rolls off my tongue!! ha ha
Caroline
http://fool.exler.ru/sm/ma.gif
Isabelle 10/1/00
Nicholas 2/27/03