PDA

View Full Version : Rec'd my LL Bean bag!! Very neat!!! long review

jasabo
01-24-2005, 04:35 PM
I haven't used it yet, but did pack it up as soon as it arrived this morning and will use it this afternoon. I fit EVERYTHING from my MS into the Bean bag, which is amazing. The Bean bag looks much smaller then the MS to me, so I was sure that it wouldn't all fit. But it did. And I'm packing for twins! There are tons of interior pockets - 3 small mesh on the interior front and a large zipper on the back. I have binkies, Tylenol, pens, etc. in the mesh pockets and snacks in the back zipper pocket. In the main compartment I have a change of clothes, my make up bag, my wristlet, a wristlet that I carry for the boys to distract them from wanting to play with mine but it never works :) , and a plastic bottle of water. I'll still have room to throw the boys' sippies on top of it all too.

Exterior:
I put four size 5 Huggies Supreme, a Huggies disposable changing pad, one of those hard plastic containers of wipes and a small tube of diaper rash cream in the zipper pocket in front. It doesn't bulge out or feel tight at all. Inside the zipper pocket is a pocket attached to the bag with slots for maybe credit cards or something and a small zipper pocket - this is where I put the diaper cream. There's still room in the big pocket. I could probably fit a few more diapers in. I like that I have an entire area of the bag devoted to diaper stuff as opposed to my MS where it was all in the main compartment in those pockets.

On one side, there's a mesh pocket where I put a water bottle.

On the other side, there are two pockets on top of each other with flaps to close. I have my cell phone and handi wipes in one pocket and wipes for cleaning my son's glasses in the other. I initially thought the pockets were a little weird b/c they're so small, but they're actually really handy for small things that you access frequently, like wipes.

On the front flap is a zipper pocket. I don't have anything in this yet. And on the exterior back there is a big pocket that closes with velcro. I'll probably use that to stuff keys in, etc. There's a key fob in the area where I keep the diapers, but I don't use key fobs b/c they're too much of a pain to get the keys on.

I think that's about it. I'm very impressed with the organization. I also like the color - I got the blue for a change of pace. It's not too pastel-y for me, though I'd prefer a more fun color. And my only complaint so far is the way the main compartment opens. The bag curves up to meet the straps and it's kind of hard to explain but you can't open the bag really wide to look inside. Maybe I'm just used to my MS flopping all the way open and being able to fling everything around. But I would like to be able to open this bag at least a bit wider. Other then that, I think I'm really going to like it. And you can't beat the price!!! Oh, and it's MUCH less bulky then the MS, which I'm thrilled about!!

HTH someone :)

Lisa - mom to 19 month old twin boys

bubbaray
01-24-2005, 05:38 PM
What color did you get? I'm waiting to see IRL pics of the blue!

:)

Melissa
Mom to Maya http://www.mothering.com/discussions/images/smilies/binky.gif & Dog Mom to Bubba http://www.mothering.com/discussions/images/smilies/dog.gif

http://www.babysfirstsite.org/newtickers/ticker/11089.birthday.png

alaible
01-24-2005, 06:02 PM
I am glad to hear that you can get enough stuff in there for 2 kids. I ordered one for my husband for use after our second girl arrives in March. We each need our own bag because I keep my own personal stuff like wallet, cell phone etc in my diaper bag so I don't have to carry a purse as well. And he frequently uses a diaper bag because he is on baby duty while I am at work part-time in the evenings. The bag he has now is almost too small for 1 kids stuff and I knew it wouldn't work for 2. So when the great reviews of this bag started coming in I thought I would give it a shot. I ordered him the black but I wonder what he will think about that orange lining LOL!

Kimberly H
01-24-2005, 06:04 PM
>And my only complaint so far is the
>way the main compartment opens. The bag curves up to meet the
>straps and it's kind of hard to explain but you can't open the
>bag really wide to look inside.

RATS! This is exactly what bugs me about the Little Tripper. I want to love it, but I just can't. Oh well :(

Mikesa3
01-24-2005, 06:15 PM
Please post a picture of the blue. When I first saw this bag I thought it was a small to medium size but it's starting to sound like a large bag to me.I'd like to see a picture with someone wearing it to get a better idea.I like the looks but it might be too big for me.
Nancy-Mom to 6 great kids