PDA

View Full Version : Need recommendations for diaper bags for twins

vtc1028
01-24-2005, 05:07 PM
I'm preg with twins and due in May. I'm on the hunt for a good diaper bag--that's not too big, but big enough for all the twins' gear. Any suggests?

ColorBlue
01-24-2005, 11:10 PM
Great question....I'm still working on this. I have a large toile babygap bag that is too big and I have a small Whimsical wears tote that is too small. I have a medium size WW bag that may be ok but its in summery colors. I just ordered the LLBean bag that everyone is talking about so I will let you know how that goes when I get it.

Tracy

Grace==my big three year old girl.
Ella and Madeline==my little three month old girls!!

jasabo
01-25-2005, 03:56 PM
When my guys were newborns, I carried the Babybaks backpack which worked really well b/c I packed a ton of stuff. Baby Sherpa is also a great backpack for those early months. I can't imagine how I would have fit everything into a tote or messenger. But I used bottles, so I carried a lot when I went out. Also, I used a double Snap n Go stroller so the backpack worked really well b/c there was nowhere on the stroller to hang a bag.

I also used the Alpha 7 and Mothership early on, which worked great. I really loved the A7 though it may be a bit on the small side for the early months. Now I'm using the new LL Bean bag, which I just got yesterday and love. I fit everything from my MS into it and still have room left, so you might want to check that bag out if you're more of a tote person then a backpack person.

I've seen the Posh Baby bags IRL. They're about the same size as MS. I've not used them, so can't speak to anything else. But the size may work for you.

I've also had Ella's and WW's, which are cute and fun to carry for quick trips, but I wouldn't be able to fit an entire day's worth of stuff into them.

I think it really depends on how long you'll be out of the house and how much you're carrying and if you like backpacks or totes. Remember that you can always keep a fully stocked bag (diapers, extra clothes, etc) in your car so you don't have to lug as much around with you.

Sorry I can't be more help. Good luck with your twins!!

Lisa - mom to 19 month old twin boys

writeleigh
01-25-2005, 05:10 PM
You may also want to check out the new Pursonality bags. Not sure if they are your style, but are a tiny bit bigger than Mothership, though along the same line:

http://www.kidsnstyle.com/xcart/customer/home.php?cat=350

kfcboston
01-25-2005, 07:51 PM
Good question! This may be another one of those trial by error things for us. I'm gonna give the Kalencom bag a shot and see how it goes. I'm generally a light day packer, but those days might very well be over!

Good luck!

Twin Mom
01-25-2005, 08:08 PM
If you do a search for "twins" you will see some of the other posts as I remember this question coming up before. I used the Ameribag Healthy Back Baby Bag at the beginning, but it is kind of boring (my DH wanted it). Of course that was before I discovered the wonderful world of diaper bags.